"Chapter 6; Fear "

Start from the beginning

Calista Jane "C.J" Jones wasn't scared of much. In fact, the only thing she was really scared of was being choked/ strangled/ hanged because of the locket incident which had nearly cost her, her life and left her scarred.

Zevon was scared of losing control and losing his temper because the last time he lost his temper, the shadow came for him and he never saw his family again. The Smee twins were scared of monsters (I.e Pan) and sharp objects, or well, getting caught up in sharp objects because of The Lost boys' traps.

Mal was scared of losing people and of drowning. Drowning because she can't swim—never learned how. And she was scared of losing people because of how distant her parents had become with her in the months leading up to her disappearance. She felt as if she was losing them and then she was taken by the Shadow, and really lost them. She never wants to lose anyone ever again.

Jay is scared of being trapped. He's scared of being trapped because getting trapped or cornered by the lost boys has never ended well for him.

Evie is scared of being imperfect. Her real mom hadn't wanted her to live with her, so that must have meant that something was wrong with her right? Well, regardless of whether or not that's true, Evie came to that conclusion. And tried to become perfect, which never seemed to work.

Carlos is scared of wolves simply because he got attacked by them when he was littler and nearly died, and then got attacked by them again in Neverland only to get saved by Jay. Carlos has been scared of wolves ever since.

Ben is scared of being abandoned, replaced, forgotten, and ignored, and these fears all stem from the same source; his parents. He grew up in a big, scary place that he had never left because of his father and all he had ever known were his parents. Then his mom and dad slowly started fighting—his mom wanted for him to see the outside world and for his dad to see that he wasn't as bad as he thought it was. That he could change. His dad didn't want him to see the outside world because it was dangerous and he was scared of losing him, and he wanted to keep his power. So he remained dark and that caused more fighting between them, and made his dad really scary. The tensions between them were high and at times, they'd be so mad that they wouldn't talk to eachother, which led to his dad being out more and more often. He felt often felt scared and ignored when his parents fought, and that left a mental scar (something that happened often in Neverland with his friends , unfortunately). This went on until his parents had the biggest fight ever and his dad made his mom leave, and she never came back—not saying goodbye or leaving a note.

His dad thought that she had went back to her father and got angry whenever Ben asked when she was coming back. Ben eventually stopped asking after his dad yelled at him until he was in tears about how she wasn't coming back and he needed to accept that. His dad had apologized for it later, but that didn't erase the traumatic memory or the fear he had felt toward his dad afterwards. His dad was barely at home anymore after his mom's disappearance and his absences increased once he realized Ben was scared of him. Which is why it took a while for him to realize that his dad wasn't coming back. He had been ignored, forgotten, probably replaced, and abandoned, and now he feared history repeating itself.

Little Chadwick Leopold Nolan was claustrophobic because of hide 'n seek. Or rather, all the disasters that happened while he was playing hide n seek. One time, he'd accidentally got stuck in a toy chest he was hiding in. Another time, he had gotten locked in a closet because one of the kids (Happy) he was playing with thought it'd be funny. Another time, he fell down a well while playing the game in the dark and was trapped in there for over an hour while the other kids ran and got help. Another time, he got locked in an outhouse and another he got stuck in a cabinet that he was too big for. He'd even got his head stuck in a metal fence at one point and he had also gotten stuck in a window and the wall once. Yeah, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and eventually ended up becoming claustrophobic after a while.

Doug was scared of death and for a pretty simple reason—his mother and all of his aunts (minus Nova) had died at some point and he was terrified of it. All had died due to illness, funnily enough, and he had seen their health deteriorate over long periods of time—which only terrified Doug more because those images were forever ingrained in his head.

Jane was scared of failure , magic, and the lost boys. Jane was scared of failure because she was scared of getting yelled at, which happened a lot because she was clumsy and lost control of her magic alot—which annoyed her cousins and siblings a lot. Which led to her constantly getting yelled at. And she was scared of the lost boys because they kept giving her reasons to be—constantly attacking her and her friends, and she wasn't with her family anymore because of them. And her fear of them only worsened when they captured her and decimated/ mangled her wings.

Now she only associated the lost boys with pain and shook violently and froze up whenever one was near. Or she just lost control of her magic, and hurt anyone close to her. Which led to her being terrified of using her magic because she didn't want to hurt anyone.

Lonnie was scared of weakness because she hated feeling helpless and wanted to be like her mom—a warrior. If she appeared to be weak in any way, shape, or form, she'd be seen as nothing more than a silly girl or a damsel in distress. She didn't want to be either of those—she wanted to be a warrior, a hero, and she couldn't do either of those if she was weak..

And finally, Audrey was scared of returning 'home' because she didn't want to go back to being trapped in the castle with her grandmother again. Friendless and alone, with no one to help her. She didn't want to go back to being hit, imprisoned, and starved.

The events in our past shape us into the people we are and so do our fears, but we the people have the power to decide the types of people we want to be. So never allow your fears or your past to control you.