"Chapter 15; We Need to talk"

Trigger warnings: Secret siblings, arguing, panic attacks, anger, resentment, etc.

Let me know if I should add to the list.

☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Killian was leaning against a tree, on the verge of a panic attack.Slowly breathing in and out as he desperately tried to calm himself down.

He couldn't believe that he had just done that. That he had used his children in that way. That he had revealed their existence to people who were practically fucking strangers to him.

What had he been thinking?!

They were gonna use this against him whenever they pleased now!

The pirate captain was so distracted that he didn't hear the footsteps approaching him until it was too late."Were you ever gonna tell me that I had siblings? Or was that another secret you planned to take to your grave?"

Killian spun around to find a livid looking Neal and instinctively took a step back after seeing the expression on the other man's face. If looks could kill, he'd have been 6 feet under in that moment.

Killian swallowed heavily; he hadn't expected Neal to confront him so soon after his rescue.

He had thought he'd be too focused on reuniting with Emma and looking for Henry to seek him out just yet. He had thought he'd have more time to come up with a good enough explanation to explain just why he hadn't told Neal about his siblings. But it looks like he'd been wrong.

Man, the universe was really not on his side today .

"Lad, I know you're angry—" Killian started, mind racing as he desperately tried to think of a way to calm Neal's temper. He knew the lad's could be worse than even his and his mother's sometimes. But Neal didn't give him that opportunity .

"No!" The brunette shouted angrily, cutting him off almost the very second the words had come out of his mouth. "Don't you fucking 'lad', me! Don't you fucking give me that shit. I want answers and I want them now!"

He stepped forward and jabbed Killian hard in the chest with his finger. Staring him down harshly. Looking exactly like his father in that moment. "So answer the goddamned question!"

Killian flinched back as if he had been slapped and decided to be honest with his kinda-sorta-step son since he really didn't have any other options. He was absolutely positive that he had never looked more remorseful and ashamed of himself and his actions than he probably did at that moment.

"Bae, they had already disappeared by the time you showed up and I didn't see any reason to—" apparently, being honest was the wrong thing to do—judging by how red Neal got when he said that. Or maybe it had been the way he had phrased it? He didn't have much time to dwell on it, because Neal once again cut him off before he could explain.

Which was getting very annoying.

Even if he did deserve it a tiny bit.

"Didn't see any reason? DIDN'T SEE ANY REASON?! " Neal repeated, voice steadily increasing in volume with every uttered word. " I HAD 3 YOUNGER SIBLINGS AND YOU DIDN'T SEE ANY REASON TO TELL ME JUST BECAUSE THEY DISAPPEARED?! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?! WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT REASONING IS THAT?!"

Killian suppressed another flinch as Neal ranted angrily at him. He knew he deserved every word of it—hell, he knew that he probably deserved way worse—but that didn't make the words hurt any less. And He couldn't help but worry that all the yelling would draw Pan's attention to them. The fact that the Charmings hadn't come to see what all the hub-bub was about didn't calm those worries in the slightest. But he knew that trying to bring them up now wouldn't end well for him.