50. Because of Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

Kitten beams at me. "Thank you! I can't wait to start college."

I can't help smiling at Leah's enthusiasm. She's excited about her future, and I know I will be there with her every step of the way.

***

The crowd at the Temple is bigger than usual. Excited chatter fills the air around us. Almost all the logs are occupied, but Lenny made sure to reserve one for our group.

Mac and I sit next to each other with our girls on our laps. I kiss Leah on the lips and press her slim body to me. Images of making love to her haven't left my mind all day. She slept at my place just like she did several nights this week. We watched a movie, but even before the final credits started to roll, Kitten was naked in my arms, letting me kiss every inch of her skin.

I never thought the experience of making love to a girl could be so wonderful. We are still getting to know each other, but every time we are together is better than the last.

Annie's groan interrupts our kiss. Leah, Mac, and I look at her.

"What?" asks Mackenzie.

"I think I forgot to unplug the iron."

Mac stares at Annie. "For real?"

"I used it to iron this dress after the ceremony, Kenzie. Give me the car keys; I'll drive home and check it."

"Stay here; I will go," says Mac.

"No! I won't be long. Stay with the guys."

Reluctantly, Mac takes the keys out of his pocket. "Don't rush, Birdie. Okay?"

Annie accepts them and kisses Mac's lips. "You know I won't. I love you."

Mackenzie smiles at her. "Love you more."

Annie leaves. "You didn't forget anything, did you?" I ask Kitten.

She shakes her head, and we are about to kiss again when the crowd goes quiet. Bella walks into the clearing, but this time, she is alone, and she doesn't look happy.

"Where is Gavin?" Lenny asks. "Licking his wounds now that his daddy is gonna lose?"

Bella snorts and sits on the log next to some girls who graduated with Mac and me last year. "Gavin is out of town. Can't I be here without him? It wasn't a problem before."

"I don't get what her deal is," Kitten whispers just barely.

I place a soft kiss on her neck and glance at Bella. She knows dating Ferdinand made her unwelcome at the Temple. Yet, the two of them didn't miss a single meeting of ours as if they were unbothered by the lack of attention we gave them. They would sit on the log and make out as if the rest of us didn't exist. Now, Bella is alone, sticking out like a sore thumb.

"Let's prepare the drinks," says Mac. "Annie will be back soon. We can get everything ready."

Mackenzie and I took care of everything. We got champagne and chocolate for the girls and some stronger drinks for the dudes. Mac and I aren't going to drink. I have to ride my bike, and Mac took his car to give a couple of other guys a ride home after the party.

"Leonard, have you brought everything?" I ask Lenny.

"Yeah." Lenny hops off the log and nods toward the woods. "Lend me a hand."

Mac and I get ready to follow him, but Leah grips my hand too. "I'll go with you. I don't want to sit there with Bella staring at me," she says quietly.

When we are next to the parked bikes, Mac crosses his arms in front of his chest. "So?"

"So what?" asks Leonard.