Nine: Best Friends

"Oh my god, she actually cheated on him?!" Veronica asked. After I told Klaus what happened, I thought that now that Klaus and Fiona's relationship was now on shaky ground, I thought it would make Veronica feel a little better. "Yeah, I heard these weird kissing noises, and I opened the door, and I saw her kissing another boy," I nodded. Mr. Olaf was in his office, getting some work done. My father didn't have a lot for me to do, so he told me I could just walk around the school to pass the time while he got the rest of his work done.

"Do you think he's going to break up with her?" I asked. Veronica let out a small laugh, and I was wondering what she thought was so funny. "Duh! Of course, he will! That would be stupid if he didn't break up with her," Veronica smiled. "Yeah, I guess your right," I chuckled. I was so glad that me and Veronica were becoming good friends, and I hoped that soon, I would become close friends with Quigley and maybe something more.

"Okay, be honest with me. Have you seen any guys or girls you think are cute?" I started to blush when I started thing about Quigley. "Yes, his name is Quigley Quagmire," I answered. "Aww, that is so cute! I think you two would make a cute couple," Just the thought of Quigley and I becoming boyfriend and girlfriend made my cheeks start to turn a few shades of red.

"Thanks, I think you and Klaus would make a cute couple too," I smiled. Veronica's cheeks also started to turn a few shades of red. "Oh, you don't mean that," She said, turning away slightly. "I do. You're a pretty girl, you're smart, and you're kind to everyone. Klaus deserves someone like you," I said honestly. Veronica's smile started to turn into a big grin. "You're really sweet, Dusk. I don't know what I would do if you weren't my friend,"

"You're welcome. I'm here to help you whenever you need me," I smiled. We embraced each other lightly, and then I heard someone clear their throat. We looked up, and we saw that it was Veronica's stepfather, Mr. Olaf. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home?" Mr. Olaf asked. "Oh, father, we're just talking. Dusk's father is still working, so we're talking to pass the time," Veronica explained.

"Oh, okay," he said, slowly walking off the stage, still looking at the two of us. When he made it back to his office, I looked over at Veronica, and she gave me a look of sympathy. "Don't be scared. He does that to a lot to people who he doesn't trust," she explained. "It's still creepy though," I sighed.

"Yeah, it is," Veronica smiled.

A/n: Sorry this chapter is so short, I had no idea what to do for this chapter, but the next chapter will get into more juicy detail about what happens next! :)

With Love,

Duskprincess89