Part 33 - The Process

Start from the beginning

Korra was staring down at Asami's arm, completely focused and lost in her thought. By the look on her face, Asami knew what Korra was thinking about, wasn't exactly self-loving. The one thing Korra was always bad at, was hiding her facial expressions.

"Hey, Avatar." Asami said as she nudged Korra's leg "I'm talking to you."

"Huh?" Korra paused as she lifted her head to look at Asami "What?"

"Your wrist."

Korra glanced down at her wrist before looking back up at Asami "What about it?"

"It should be wrapped up. You're going to make it worse."

Korra shook her head a bit as she let out a sigh and finished wrapping up Asami's arm "I'll be fine.. I'm more concerned for you right now.."

"Korra." Asami pulled her arm away and brought it down into her lap, stopping the avatar from what she needed to do "Just because something's wrong with me, doesn't mean you stop taking care of yourself."

"I'll be fine Asami, it's nothing to worry about. Now turn your head..."

Asami stared up at Korra with a frown on her face before the avatar spoke again "Asami.. turn your head."

"Sure, whatever." The tall girl mumbled and rolled her eyes as she looked away, not willing to fight the avatar's stubbornness. Korra snickered at Asami's reaction, amused how easily she could unintentionally piss off her girlfriend.

"What's so funny?" Asami asked as she looked back at Korra, sending a glare as Korra pulled all of Asami's hair to one side.

"Nothing..." The avatar responded cheekily as she began to clean the burn on Asami's shoulder.

"Hm." Asami turned her head away, giving the avatar more access to treat the wound.

After some time, Korra had finally finished cleaning off the second burn and applied the antibacterial cream to it. Before she did anything else, Korra grabbed the towel by her side and wiped off the rest of water from Asami's body before assisting the tall girl out of the bath and bringing her to a standing position.

"Alright... arms up," Korra said as she stood directly in front of Asami with another roll of bandage adhesive in her hands. Asami let out a small sigh as she extended her arms out to her sides, standing in a T position. Her face scrunched up as she tried to deal with the stringing pain on her shoulder. The slightest movement caused her pain and discomfort, and the expression on her face showed it.

Korra unraveled the bandage slightly before she carefully started to wrap it over Asami's right shoulder, covering the burn and bringing it down under her left arm. The avatar repeated this motion slowly, keeping the bandage tight so it wouldn't slip off. The forced pressure made the tall girl wince, making the avatar stop and keep her hands still.

"...You doing okay?" Korra asked softly as she looked up at Asami.

The tall girl nodded gently before letting out a shaky breath "Yeah, sure. Just take your time." Asami mumbled sarcastically as she tilted her head back to cope with the pain.

"Sorry... if I go any faster, I'll cause more damage..." Korra said as she started the circling process again. Once a decent amount of Asami's shoulder was covered, Korra began circling the bandage around her torso and chest, securing the position of the bandage. Here, the avatar took her time, enjoying the view before she had to cover it up. It wasn't the appropriate time, but she also wasn't ashamed to stare. She wasn't going to waste away such a good view.