Tender loving care

Brett woke up feeling Eddy stroking his cheek lightly with the back of his hand.
-You hungry? He heard, as spoken far away, struggling to get his mind working.
-I ordered some korean fried chicken, thinking you might be hungry by now.
Brett tried to feel his stomach, but couldn't, feeling like he still was in a kind of sleep he couldn't explain. He tried to sit up, but his body didn't function as he was used to.
He finally managed to answer, whispering a "no, thank you though".
Brett fell asleep again before Eddy could even turn around and he felt guilty for not being able to keep him awake and feed him somehow. 
Only a few minutes later Brett woke again, this time by himself, sniffing the scent of food. He looked at Eddy, when he finally could get his eyes to move that way. Suddenly the food looked good though.
Oh, he was hungry!
Wasn't he?
He didn't know actually.  He felt some kind of pain somewhere, he didn't know what that was.
Eddy was aware Brett watching him.
-You want some?
Brett nodded slightly and Eddy handed him the biggest and cleanest chickenpiece from his plate. Brett catched it with his bare hand, didn't manage to even sit up.  He ate the piece slowly, and Eddy handed him another. Brett ate that one too, sighed satisfied and closed his eyes again. Somehow he felt something inside calming down, almost as if his body thanked him for eating.
-Thank you. 
He saw Eddy's warm smile before the darkness went over him again, sorrunding him.

Eddy was happy to see Brett eating, so little, but yet it was something.  Sitting beside him, watching him sleep for hours was peaceful. Brett had been sleeping all that afternoon and evening, Eddy was concerned he might wake him up too much so he wouldn't be able to sleep again, he decided to let Brett sleep on the couch for the night. 
He tiptoed out of the livingroom, turned out the light and went to bed, looking forward to tomorrow,  another day with Brett, hopefully he'd feel better.

A couple of hours later Brett woke up again, this time confused, didn't know where he was right away. A little panic snuck up his spine when all he could see was a dark and way too silent livingroom. 
His brain felt a little slow,  but after a minute he figured it was nighttime and Eddy was probably in bed.
Brett stumbled over the floor, having a little hard time to get his feet to function. He walked over to his own room, then the panic washed over him again. His room was so cold, dark and empty. He could hear Eddy's light snoring from his room.
For some seconds Brett was thankful his mind didn't work quite as it should, he didn't know what was about to happened, his feet went in to Eddy's room by themself.

Eddy felt a light touch on his wrist.
-Eddy? Eddy?
His mind was set in a split second, in that short moment his mind was clear as day, and he managed to think BRETT!and he panicked as well. With his heart racing in his ears he halfway sat up, eyes wide open.
-Brett! Oh my God, what's wrong, what's wrong???
Brett's voice was rusty, almost unfamiliar.
-There's nothing wrong,  I just...
Can I sleep with you? I'm scared,  I... can you please hold me?
Eddy breathed deeply,  tried to calm his own body down from the panic-reaction.
-Of course, he whispered, threw the covers aside and moved closer to the wall with his back, making room for his best friend.
-Come here.
Brett slowly lay down alongside him, and just like they did in the hospital, Eddy wrapped his elongated body around Brett's. 
Eddy's heartrate fell to normal and they both lay there, listening to the other's breathing, drifting away together.