Agent Mr. Grapes

"STEPHANIE!" A demanding mother in crisis screamed from the bottom of her lungs. I slowly started to wake up, until a hint of fresh air rubbed my bare feet. I pulled the covers back on place and wished to stay under the warm sheets. I mean doesn't everyone feel the same? I love my bed. Well let's face it , it's the hardest separation to deal with.

''Young lady I will not repeat myself! Get up you are going to be late. It's already 7:45."

Seven WHAT?! I immediately jumped out of bed and head for the nearest pair of jeans I had. I know what you're thinking '' Ew you're disgusting!''. I'm sorry I will paint you the reality of being a lazy, average and disorganized teenage girl. And yes I will take a shower later. You see my life is not a fantasy , but a reality where you will see me have a fucked up eye liner at school with a clean white t-shirt which will take all of your focus , so you don't see how much my blue jeans are stained with ketchup.

I pulled up the jeans and fought with it for like fifteen seconds. Which is a lot considering the time it is. I have 80% chances of being late. That's if we skip breakfast and any other responsible thought. By that I mean making sure I had my books and material in my bag. I wondered what was awaiting for me....

''C'mon cooperate bih" I tell my fat thighs as they keep jiggling like jello. I don't know about you, but whenever I have to put jeans, it's a mortal combat. The bare skin of my legs rubs against the hard blue, evil, piece of cloth and as my patience slowly starts to fade away, I pause and try harder. And then, there I'm desperate. Almost screaming to a thing that would never reply of course. I tug it from the sides and jump up and down until I succeed.

As soon as I was dressed , I took my bag from the useful chair near my bed. Well that day I had wake up spiritually dead. I took some decent t pair of d i r t y jeans from my useful chair where I would put everything ,a grey t- shirt and of my favorite shoes : white converse.

Why were they my favorite? Growing up my father left me. I was around 4 when I last saw him. He took his red truck and abandoned my mom and I in the worst conditions possible. Without a job my mom had to sell the house and I had to move to this tiny little place I like to call ''home''. It has every essential thing any human being needs like a bathroom, a kitchen , a sofa, WiFi and my bed.

As I was making my towards the front door, my mother stopped me.

"Aren't you going to eat something before?" She says as she takes a sip of her Colombian coffee. The smell invading the small living room that was just next to the kitchen.

"Mom, I don't have time. I promise you I will eat at school." I say turning the doorknob.

"You don't have time? If you would've gone to bed earlier it wouldn't had been a problem. You have to put an end to this. Tell-" I cut her off with a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I love you , but I have to go." I say rushing as I make my way towards the exit.

I ran as fast to the bus stop who was two minutes away from my building.

The books inside my schoolbag were somehow disturbing my back. Every step I would take, I could feel the corners of the unorganized manuals almost digging through my spine.

"Why am I like this?" I tell myself as I look towards the sky waiting for an answer. I guess it's a common thing we do when we are doing something stupid. Because trust me if it was someone else was doing the same ridiculous act, your mind would be up to judge in an instant. (Of course this doesn't entitle to everyone.) But, you'd probably tell yourself '' I would never do that''. Yet, you don't know in what kinda situation life would put you through , so you can do the same thing or even worst!