act six ; one's worth

Start from the beginning

"Feel free to call me Yuji, too!"

The conversation between the both of you went on as you followed Gojo and the others head to their destination in mind. You tried to focus on your chatter with Itadori but every minute or so, your mind would just wander back to the curse residing in him instead. Why'd he even use his cursed energy to help recover your wound anyway?

Whilst deep in thought, you accidentally blurted out from under your breath,
"Thank you..."
Immediately, you checked to see if Itadori heard you. To your relief, he didn't seem to notice your slip of tongue as he continued rambling about something along the lines of Roppongi or so.

'That was close...What the heck, (Y/n)?! That was stupid!'
You inwardly scolded yourself.

'Even so...did...you hear it?'
You closed your eyes as your legs resumed to help you walk. A new warm and fuzzy feeling slowly rised from the pits of your stomach. You silently hoped he recieved your message of gratitude.

= = = = = =

"Wh-What is this...?"
You could clearly hear the disappointment in Nobara's voice as she stared at the abandoned building in front of you. Even though you were still new with all the Jujutsu stuff, you could still practically sense the strong cursed energy overflowing from the building. The surrounding air was humid and chilly, boosting up the creepy ambience.

"There's a curse here." The slender white-haired teacher stated the obvious.

"You lied to us countryfolk! This is not Roppongi!" Itadori was next to shout whilst he cried comically. He was freaking out with Nobara over the fact that Gojo basically tricked them into coming to this wretched place. You giggled slightly, amused. It didn't seem like their childish fit would end soon, thus you decided to ask the questions in their place.

"Gojo-san, why did you bring them here though? Is there something you're planning?"

Gojo posed with his fingers as guns and pointed them to you. He gave you a big grin, flashing those pearly whites of his.
"A wonderful question! Yes, the thing is, I'm planning to test out your abilities." He clapped his hands together once, gaining everyone's attention.

"Test our abilities?" Itadori tilted his head to the side in curiosity.

Gojo rested both of his hands behind his head as he continued to explain,
"I need to test your skills in exorcism. Now then," He gently pushed Nobara and Itadori towards the gloomy building. "Get in there!"

Slightly dumbfounded, Itadori asked Gojo how he was supposed to do the task. He voiced out that he had no clue how to control his cursed energy yet, in which Gojo resolved his problems by handing him a cursed weapon.

"It's a cursed tool, Slaughter Demon. It's a weapon imbued with cursed energy. It'll work on curses too."

You could sense Kuro's discomfort as he nuzzled his body next to your right leg. As expected, he's still a cursed spirit after all. Those weapons could potentially bring harm to him. You crouched down to pick him up and wrapped your arms around him.

"Lame." You heard Nobara comment to Itadori coldly, though judging by the glint in her eyes, you knew she didn't mean any harm. An impressed smirk spread across your lips,
'A badass queen, indeed.'