Chapter 14: Discovery

I remembered. My name is Natsume Takashi, neither human, neither demon. The Natsume Clan, supposedly the strongest, eliminated by humans, through underhanded tricks. Caused the war, the clan feared their secret would be let out, they chose to sacrifice their lives, in order to protect their secret, me, a child born from a human and demon. The ultimate trump card. My grandmother, Natsume Reiko, never wished for the world to be born with children with monstrous power. 'Great power comes great responsibility' she had said. I had to remind myself, always. I am not human. I am not a demon either. So what am I? I will never know the truth. I am the Natsume Clan's greatest secret. After living through periods years after years, the world grew suspicious. Over the periods during the ancient times, they began suspecting. "The Natsume Clan never changed. Since our grandfather's times, the same leader has been around, and he looked as young when my grandfather was the head". Then, they decided to eliminate and attack the Natsume Clan. Grandmother and everyone was killed. I was supposed to be dead. Why am I still alive? The truth died together with Grandmother. No one else knew. None of it were even recorded in books. And....Matoba Seiji. I remember. Long before everything began, I remember, I met him before. Matoba Seiji was my closet friend, and my only friend.

Natsume woke up and saw Matoba's worried face. "Seiji?" said Natsume. "Takashi? You remembered?" Matoba was surprised, happy as well. Matoba embraced Natsume. "How long have I waited for this moment! Welcome back, Natsume Takashi." Natsume smiled. "Only if you have explained from the start, hassles will never have appeared." "And no one would have believed it, knowing it coming from an exorcist." said Matoba. Both of them grinned. "And I'm never letting you go, ever again."

Nanase banged the table with more documents. "I know you're happy and all, but please do your work, Master Matoba." Matoba frowned. "A little bit of happiness ain't gonna hurt." "But the people from the Kiria Clan is here again. Don't you need to entertain them?" said Nanase. Matoba sighed. "They never learn." They got up and headed to the entrance. Without a doubt, the Kiria Clan was at the entrance, waiting for Matoba. The Kiria Clan leader was holding something. "What have you come for this time, Shin?" said Matoba. "Why can't you help us? Because of the damn demon clan, we suffered great losses!" "The crest on the box," Natsume noticed. "Oh? This is what our crest used to be like, kid." said Shin. "You massacred the Natsume Clan." said Takashi. Shin smirked. "We couldn't help it. Demons who pretends to be humans, will never be accepted! They will kill us one day! We have to kill them before they killed us!"  Natsume stared at him. "You never tried to understand us! You and your clan just wanted power!" Shin growled. "Of course! We need power, more power to destroy demons!" "That is not your job, Kiria Shin." said Matoba. "That is an exorcist's job." "Hmph. The Matoba Clan, who uses demons to exorcise? Don't make me laugh." said Shin. "Do you realize your grave mistake?" said Natsume. "You killed the Natsume Clan, just for the power of god, Holy Ra-a? Don't joke with me!" "H..how did you know?" stuttered Shin. "You, the Kiria Clan, and its descendants, power will deteriorate. As long as your darkness did not disappear, the more power shall deteriorate. Upon generations, it shall stay. This is your fate, as a revenge from the Natsume Clan."