||˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Cliché 09

Start from the beginning

what deep and dark thoughts lie behind his cold eyes? what could be the deep reason on why he looked a bit colder than usual today? did he perhaps get a call from his father? is he failing his classes? did the rumors a few days ago finally reach him? or perhaps, was it her that's bothering him?

in short, what big problem could have possibly made the peppermint head upset?

"it's raining" he said, his voice slightly softer. his lips stuck out resembling a small pout as he gazed out the windows from across the room.

she felt her soul come out of her body the moment she had processed his reply. she would've never expected him to be upset over something as small as the weather, but here she was watching him gaze outside the window with a pout.

she doesn't know whether she should analyze him deeply or simply understand his words without thinking too hard. often times, he would say something with so much meaning behind it, which would keep her up at night whilst on the other hand he could say the most obscure things, which would make her lose brain cells just thinking about it.

"the rain is amazing! i love the rain" she told him causing him to look at her with a look of disbelief. she mirrored his expression before flashing him a smile. "what's wrong with the rain anyways? it's very calming" she shrugged as she looked out the window covered with droplets of water.

"yeah it is, but not when it's a thunderstorm. besides, doesn't rain ruin your plans on going out?" he cocked an eyebrow at her. if he was not mistaken, usually the girls in their class would go to the mall during their free time, just to hang out or go shopping. wouldn't it ruin their plans of going out if it rains?

"going out? i usually don't go out. denki and i usually stay in the dorms, either in the kitchen or in our dorms watching a movie" she explained before chucking. he nodded in understanding before realizing that she was one of students he would hardly see outside the dorms on a weekend.

"i see" was all he replied with. he found it hard to continue on with the conversation so he simply decided to end it there and go back to paying attention in class. however, in the midst of taking down notes, his thoughts were occupied with different topics that he could potentially bring up to start up another conversation with the (h/c) haired girl. he badly wanted to go and chat with her about the most random of things but he just realized how hard it was to open his mouth and say what he wanted to say.

he wonders how midoriya or bakugou could make it look so easy.

in the middle of his internal crisis, a small note was passed to him on his desk. he looked back at the (e/c) eyed girl who passed him the note as if he was asking for some sort of explanation but instead all he received was a soft smile from her. he looked back down at the note before reading its contents.

'i'll show you and give you reasons why you should love the rain :)'

***

the day had officially ended and thankfully the sparring training in all might's class had gotten cancelled due to the rain. of course, this eased the peppermint head's guilty conscious and fear of him hurting her again. he didn't really know whether he should thank the rain for saving him from further making a fool of himself in front of her or should he curse the rain for making the walk back home such hassle?

he unconsciously waited by the school gate seeming as if his eyes were searching for the (h/c) haired girl despite class ending twenty minutes ago. he didn't realize that he was waiting for her until his feet lead him to the two bickering friends approaching his direction.

he simply found it odd to walk back to the dorms without her anymore. despite it only being a week, he found himself weirdly attached to her. it seemed like a sin to walk home without her anymore. maybe it's because she didn't care at all whether he spoke or not. maybe it's because she still had the patience and will to converse and stay with him even with his bland and one worded replies.