Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cian's Pov.

I snapped out of my meditation coma earlier than normal. I put my hand to my head because of a growing headache. Was I sleeping? I got up and stared at my messed up sheets. I was sleeping. Amazed at my own sleeping schedule, I rubbed the back of my neck and groaned. This has been the first time I've slept in over 100 years. I forgot how much the headache hurts. I glanced at the time. 4:43am. I had about 2 and a half hours before I had to go to school. I opened my door and walked down the stairs. I ran a hand through my messy hair. I walked into the kitchen and opened the medicine cabinet. I grabbed the pain reliever pills bottle and ripped off the cap. Yes, even vampires took pain reliever pills. I pinched a pill in my fingers. I popped it in my mouth and swallowed it. I put the cap back on and put the bottle back. I stopped to think a little. Why was I sleeping in the first place? I leaned against the counter, face in hands.

"Why are you up this early?" A voice next to me said. I turned to see Lissa leaning against the counter next to me. I shrugged off her surprising appearance. I've gotten use to her startling entrances.

"I was startled out of meditation early 'cause my alarm clock went off," I said casually. "So, I came down here to get some bottled blood." I walked over to the fridge and wrenched the door open. I reached in and grabbed a bottle of the red liquid. I turned towards her.

"Sure," Lissa said in a disbelieving voice. I placed a hand on my chest and smiled as innocent as I possibly could.

"Truly," I said. Lissa rolled her eyes. I laughed and opened the bottle. Lissa disappeared and I walked back upstairs. I took a swing of the blood.

"Ugh, cold blood," I said after swallowing it. I walked into my room, throwing the blood on my bed and walked into my bathroom. I still had two hours until school. I turned on the shower and waited until it was scorching hot. I undressed and got in the shower. I stood under to water and thought. What did Leila see in Blade that she didn't see in me? I didn't get an answer until;

'Maybe if you didn't act like a jerk to her, she would like you,Idiot.'

What? Who are you?

'Your freaking cat. Who do you think? I'm your conscious.'

I growled.

Leave me alone. I already have enough problems. I don't need a pest bothering me all the time.

'Ooooo, someone's grumpy grump this morning.'

....Leave me alone before I come in there and beat the shit out of you.

'Alright, I'll leave. And you can't beat the shit out of me because: 1) I don't have any shit in me. And 2) I'm just a state of mind. PEACE I'M OUT CALL ME!!!'

Yeah, right, I'll call you when I'm dead.

I didn't get any response back. I blinked and realized I have been in the shower for 1 and a half hours. I turned off the water and got out. I dried off and wrapped the towel around my waist. I stared into the foggy mirror. I looked paler than usual, because I haven't fed in two days. I walked out of the bathroom and got ready for another horrible day of ignoring Leila.