Recovery

While Po and Mr. Ping were catching up down in the noodleshop, the masters were sleeping away up in the Jade Palace, trying to rest after a long night. At around noon, they started to wake up again, somewhat refreshed. Tigress was the first one up, making an effort to get out of bed with her injured ribcage. The master let out a few moans, disturbing Viper who was in the room next door. Tigress managed to stand up, rising slowly so as not to cause any pain in her chest. She started to slowly walk towards the door as Viper entered the room, startling her a bit.

"Tigress, what are you doing?" Viper asked.

Tigress winced in pain. "I'm moving around," she replied. "I don't want to sit in bed all day; it's bad enough that I'm not allowed to do kung fu for over six weeks."

"Tigress," Viper warned gently. "The doctor said that you need to be resting as much as possible while you're recovering. You need to go back to bed."

Tigress groaned. "I just got up," she muttered.

"Well, maybe you should have thought about that before you got out of bed. Now go lay back down."

The master let out an irritated sigh, but walked back towards her bed, letting out a slight moan of pain.

"Now, let me go get you something to eat," Viper said, slithering out of the room.

Tigress sighed and laid her head against the wall. Between staying in one spot and not doing kung fu for six weeks, she was settled on the idea that she was going to be completely miserable. She considered the fact that she may still have been able to do so had she not pushed Po out of the way, had she known this. Then she paused and thought again.

"No," she said to herself. "No, I would have done the same thing all over again. His saftey and that of China's were and still are more important than mine."

After about twenty minutes, Viper reappeared with a bowl of noodles and some tea which Tigress took gratefully. She then went back out of the room where Tigress heard the rest of the Furious Five start to stir.

"Hey," the master called over. "What time is it?"

"Noon," Viper called back.

From down the hall, Tigress heard Crane ask, "Where's Po?"

"He went out earlier this morning," came Monkey's answer. "I think he's going to talk to his dad."

"For an entire morning?" asked Mantis.

"I can imagine they have a lot of time to catch up on," Viper answered him gently.

Tigress heard everyone leave the barracks, making her feel annoyed again. No freedom for two weeks: no kung fu for the other four. Yep, it was definite: she was going to be misreble. The master sighed and set on the task of eating her lunch, doing it slowly so as to make the day go by a little bit faster. Afterwards, she laid the bowl down and sat back in her bed, thinking about how she was going to get back on track with her kung fu following her recovery.

While Tigress was resting, the rest of the masters chilled around the Jade Palace or in the village, taking Shifu's advice and trying to take a load off. Viper decided to go shopping, promising to come back close to dinnertime in order to get Tigress some food. Monkey and Mantis went to visit Po in the noodle shop and Crane decided to take the day to draw a bit while his wing healed up. As noon turned to late day and then to dusk, Po and his dad finally started to wind down following the end of the business day. At around dinner, Po told his dad that he had to go make dinner for his friends and promised to come back the next day, then starting his way towards the Jade Palace. The others, having returned from their relaxation time, were eager to hear how things went which Po was more than happy to relate. After dinner was served and everyone got a chance to talk about their day, they started cleaning up with every intention of going to bed early.

"I'd better take Tigress her food," Viper said, scrubbing her bowl and rinsing it off. "Before she gets out of bed again."

"I can do it," Po offered, grabbing a bowl and pouring some dumplings into it. "After the many times she's saved my butt, the least I can do is bring her dinner."

The Dragon Warrior then grabbed some tea and started towards the barracks, leaving his friends to clean up. After a few minutes, he entered the sleeping quarters, walking down the hall towards Tigress' room.

"Dinner bell," he called out, pushing the door open with his foot and walking inside.

Tigress glanced over at him, her concentration broken. "Good evening, Dragon Warrior," she said with a hint of a smile. "I wasn't expecting you to serve me this evening."

"Consider this my way of thanking you for saving my life back in Gongmen City," Po replied. "I was actually thinking that I could do some things for you while you're still bed-bound an all...when I'm not busy helping dad, that is."

Tigress smirked at him. "Do I get a bell then?" she asked coyly.

Remembering the time he had to assist a bed-ridden and bell-armed Shifu a few years earlier, Po let out a nervous chuckle and said, "Actually, I think we should skip the bell part." He then handed the master her dinner, adding, "Here you go."

"Thank you, Po," Tigress replied, trying to readjust herself without causing pain to her chest.

"Need help?"

"I've got it, thanks."
As Tigress started to eat, Po asked, "So...how are you feeling about this bed-ridden thing?"

"I hate it," Tigress admitted with a snarl, ferociously chewing on a dumpling. "I need to move. I need to kick something, punch something, anything! I can't just sit here!"

"Well, on the bright side, you have people at your beck and call."

Tigress rolled her eyes. "I'd rather do those things myself," she muttered. "I hate playing the helpless victim."

"Well, if there's anything we can do to help-hey, I got an idea!"

Tigress eyed him. "What?" she asked.

"What if we got you a wheel chair?" Po suggested. "We can wheel you around the Jade Palace so that-"

"Oh no you don't!" Tigress interrupted. "I may not enjoy being cooped up in my room for two weeks, but there is no way that I'm going to be wheeled around. I would like to keep my dignity just the way it is."

Po shrugged. "Suit yourself," he said. "Just remember, if you need anything, just holler."

"I'll do that. Just don't be surprised if Shifu gives me a bell to make you anwer to."

Po frowned. "Never again!" he protested. "The last time I gave an injured person a bell, I literally did not sleep all night."

Tigress chuckled, remembering that long period of time where kung fu needed permits. Two months after their request, Po had accidentally fallen on top of Shifu and threw his back out, causing Shifu to make him his lackey until he recovered. In the meantime, he tormented Po by constantly calling him over with a bell Po gave him.

"I'll send Viper over when you're done," Po promised, getting ready to leave the room.

"Alright," Tigress answered.

"Goodnight, Tigress."
"Goodnight, Po."