Chapter 1: Calling Card

Start from the beginning

And we are also very sorry for that to happen. But can't you forgive us just this once?" the fox-masked male asked with a wry smile.

"Of course not~!" the red-eyed brunette hummed as he picked a knife off the dart board. "There is a rule of twilight and daylight not going onto each other's territory... so why should we forgive you guys?"

Ignoring the brunette, Eve continued his questioning with a rather small, nervous smile. "Some criminals? Who?"

"Why should we tell you guys? All we know you're in league with them!" Neru huffed.

"You sure we can't kill them?" the albino said with a roll of his eyes. "Seems faster."

Deciding that it was the wisest choice to communicate with the mushroom-haired male, the fox-masked male decided to answer his question and ignore the others for now.

"They're a criminal group consisting of four people. I am sure you have heard of them, they have been causing a riot for quite some time now," Kashitaro answered.

"Shadow Hunters?" Eve asked carefully, earning a groan from Amatsuki.

"Eve I don't think you're supposed to answer for them."

"B-But it is!" Luz hurriedly said. "We saw one of them then they escaped!"

"And how much of that can we trust?" the albino said rather boredly.

"How much can we trust you won't kill us?" Neru shot back.

"Not at all cause we just told you that we'd kill you and all~ At least we are saying the truth unlike you~" Kuro chirped.

"It's the truth though. We have been trying to capture them for some time now and he was running into the direction of your side. So without thinking much, we ran into here," the brunet finished his explanation.

"So you're saying," Amatsuki hummed as he twirled the knife in his hands. "Someone from Shadow Hunters ran into our territory."

"That's rather ridiculous, is it not?" Mafumafu hummed as he picked a dagger for himself. "Why would they run here? Why would they lead you guys here?"

"Hell if I know! Just let us go!" Neru glared at them, making Luz panic and shake his head frantically.

"Neru-san, please calm down!"

"Neru, unless you want us to die right now please kindly shut your mouth and stop aggravating them into killing us," Kashitaro warned him with a smile before looking back at the albino to answer him.

"We wonder that too. Maybe they knew that this situation would happen and tried to get you to kill us. After all, if we get killed, less people will target them," the brunet suggested.

Huffing, Neru looked away as he bit his lip, keeping any snarky comments at bay.

"Makes sense I guess." Mafumafu twirled his own knife, watching it spin between his fingers.

"How about we cooperate then?" Eve suggested, making the room look at him. "We can trade information about Shadow Hunters."

"Ah, then we should probably introduce ourselves!" Taking a small bow, Eve smiled gently at them. "We are the Twilight Police, the police for this area. My name is Eve!"

''Ah, nice to meet you. We are from the daylight police. I'm Kashitaro Ito. Those are Sou, Sakata, Luz and the one who is slightly being unpleasant right now is Neru, please let me aplogize for his behaviour,'' the fox-masked male introduced them with a smile.

"Ah, no worries!" Eve assured as he smiled at the brunette. "These are my colleagues. Mafumafu, Amatsuki, Kuro and Senra."

"Heyo~" the albino smirked lazily as he waved when his name was said.