“I just supervised everyone in the kitchen! I made sure that they made you all kinds of delicious food!”

Whilst Jian Yujie had been waiting for Jian Yiling to return to the Old Jian Residence, he had been in the kitchen. He was watching the chefs cook.

“Thanks, brother.”

Jian Yiling still wasn’t used to calling someone ‘brother’. However, she was trying to get used to it.

“There’s no need to say thank you! I’ll be happy as long as you like the food!” Jian Yujie smiled. His smile was filled with sweetness and contentment. “Let’s go. The kitchen had stewed some beef with soy sauce and spices. Let’s go and try!”

Jian Yujie took off with Jian Yiling.

Jian Yuncheng had been left out in the cold.

Jian Yuncheng had heard Jian Yiling quite clearly when she had called Jian Yujie ‘brother’.

Her voice was soft and sweet. It appeared as though they had quite a close relationship.

However, it had been a long time since she had called him ‘brother’.

This kind of disparity made Jian Yuncheng’s expression become disappointed and depressed.

Later, Jian Yuncheng had stayed at the Old Jian Residence for lunch.

During lunch, there was a good atmosphere between Jian Yujie and Jian Yiling. Jian Yujie would often pass Jian Yiling food. Although the two of them didn’t speak much, it appeared as though they were very close.

Chapter 172: Mo Family Gets Into Trouble (1)

Translator: Exodus Tales  Editor: Exodus Tales

Grandpa and Grandma Jian ate in silence. They minded their own business.

As a result, Jian Yuncheng was once again ignored. His eyes, which were usually cold and stern unconsciously, glanced at his sister and younger cousin from time to time.

If Huo Yu saw him like this, he would probably be happy for a few days.

After Jian Yiling finished her meal, she still didn’t speak to Jian Yuncheng. Instead, she got up and left for her study. Her mind was preoccupied with her work.

Jian Yiling didn’t think much of the situation. When they finished eating, everyone typically went off to do their own business.

Jian Yujie followed Jian Yiling. He had brought all his homework over to the Old Jian Residence.

And thus, both of them went to Jian Yiling’s study to do their own work.

Typically, Jian Yuncheng had quite a strong presence. However, the two of them completely ignored Jian Yuncheng.

Grandma Jian had also ignored Jian Yuncheng. She went to talk to her old friend on the phone. There was endless chatter that could be heard.

Fortunately, Grandpa Jian still noticed Jian Yuncheng’s presence. Jian Yuncheng got called over to Grandpa Jian’s study to discuss business matters.

###

When Mo Shiyun came back from school, she saw her mother trembling in tears.

“Mother, what’s wrong?”

Mo Sihyun immediately dropped her school bag and ran over to hug her mother.

As far as she could remember, the last time she’d seen her mother like this was when she was still very young. Back then, that bastard of a man hadn’t disappeared from their lives yet.