[10]

On the day that she passed the final selection, there was a joyous celebration party between Y/n, Kaguya, Amane, and their still very young children. Everyone was extremely happy and proud of the nine-year-old, who was blushing due to all the love and spotlight she received. Because it was a special occasion, Y/n also got gifts for finally achieving her dream.

Back when Y/n was seven-years-old, Kaguya had gifted her a beautiful and expensive bracelet. The present she received now was a necklace that matched the same bracelet. With widened and sparkling eyes, the h/c haired girl gingerly scooped the necklace into her hands. With the help of the fourteen-year-old corps leader, the necklace was soon placed around Y/n's neck.

A mirror was handed to her and soon, a bright smile would decorate her face.

"Ah, on my gosh! Thank you so much, Mister Kaguya - I can't believe how beautiful and sparkly it is!" Pausing, she blinked before making eye-contact. "Oh, um, is it still okay if I call you by "Mister Kaguya"?"

The black-haired boy tilted his head a bit. "Of course, Y/n. Would there be a reason why you couldn't after all these years?" Kaguya smiled, placing his hand on the young girl's head.

"Oh! W-well...it's just that since I've become a demon slayer now, and all the other demon slayers address you by "Master", I thought it would be the s-same."

Kaguya stared at her before a faint chuckle was let out. Amane, the Ubuyashiki children, and Y/n all looked at him in confusion and wonder.

"You may address me by whatever you want, Y/n." The nine-year-old took in his response, a bright smile appearing on her face.

"Really? I-I see, thank you Mi- Master Kaguya..." She fiddled with her fingers before looking away in embarrassment. Her face felt hot for some reason, maybe it was because she never used anything other than "Mister". The black-haired boy in front of her looked at her curiously, waiting for her to explain why she suddenly switched honorifics. "Um you see...I think it would be unfair for me to call you something different from what the other demon slayers say, so I'm going to use "Master" from now on!" Y/n chirped out, making eye-contact again.

There was silence for a few seconds before the black-haired boy replied. "Pfft, ah - I see." Kaguya stifled a laugh with his hand and nodded at her words, a gentle look in his eyes once again. "You're a very kind and thoughtful child, Y/n."

A pink hue dusted the nine-year-old's cheeks and she thanked him in a quieter voice as both Kaguya and Amane couldn't keep a smile from showing.

Speaking of the white-haired woman, she wrapped her arms around Y/n and congratulated her. "You did well, my dear. A few years back, I was off-put by the idea that you would choose a career centering around demons...but now I see that I had nothing to worry about." Amane pulled back and planted a kiss on the nine-year-old's forehead. "Kaguya and I are very proud of you."

And along with that statement, Amane took out something from behind her back - a rectangular object with a cloth wrapped around it. She handed it over to Y/n, who looked at it in awe. Carefully, the little girl uncovered what lied underneath the cloth.

"A-Ah! This...this is a kimono!" Quickly pulling it out, she lifted it into the air and smiled widely. "It's so pretty! I love it so much!" Quickly pulling the white-haired woman into another hug, Y/n thanked her over and over again. Amane smiled and patted the girl's back.

"...I'm sure you don't recall this, my dear - but when you had just turned seven-years-old, I gave you a kimono then. You went to the village wearing it but came back with half of the kimono missing, which looked to be torn by a demon." Amane caressed the top of Y/n's head before continuing. "...You later came to me with tears in your eyes, devastated that the present I gave you was now ruined. My heart ached at the sight of you crying, so now two years later, I shall gift you an even more beautiful kimono." Y/n stared at the woman in front of her. She couldn't believe that Amane remembered something that happened two years ago. The memory of her crying made Y/n blush, but she was much more flustered by Amane's kindness towards her.

"M-Master Amane, thank you so much...I.." Y/n swallowed her saliva and took in a deep breath, her cheeks becoming pink. "l-love you!" Surprised by the sudden words, the white-haired woman smiled sweetly before giving her another forehead kiss.

"You are also very dear to me, my beloved Y/n. But I'd prefer it if you could address me by "Miss Amane" like you always did, there is no need to change it now."

The nine-year-old looked up at her before replying with a nod. "Okay!"

And with that, the celebration party ended with a lot of laughter and happiness. Haruto, who was invited to the party, couldn't make it because of an important mission. When the purple-haired boy finally saw Y/n again, he also gave her a warm hug and words of congratulations. Y/n accepted them with a pink-tinted face and a smile.

Time passed by since then and with each day, Y/n patiently waited.

What was she waiting for? To be assigned a mission, of course. Demon slayers don't just go out and kill any demon in sight, they get a mission and kill the demons in the place they have to go to. That's why nine-year-old Y/n spent all her time training and going around town waiting for the special day.

Long story short, the "special day" came after two weeks.

Now it's not rare to be assigned a mission the day after you become a demon slayer, it's more so common actually. But then there was little Y/n's case. What happened to the thousands of demons wandering around Japan? She should have had a mission already, but only got one after many days of waiting. And the only reason she finally got a mission was because Y/n went to Kaguya himself.

Although Y/n had a small hunch, there wasn't any evidence to prove that Kaguya was the one making so that no jobs were assigned to her - even though it was true. However, could you blame him? Y/n just finished the final selection test, having to go up against an advanced demon during it. She had to be tired, so Kaguya and his wife agreed that it would be best for her to take a little break - without her knowing of course.

And that's how the supposed "short" break became two weeks long.

But after getting her first mission, Y/n jumped in joy and enthusiastically waved "bye" to the Ubuyashiki mansion - scurrying off to kill some demons. Kaguya and Amane could only watch with worry and a hint of amusement as they watched her run towards the direction of the assigned town.

-

hihi guys :^) here's chapter 10! im sorry that it's like 1000 words less than a regular chapter would be (especially since its been a month since ive updated), but ive been pretty preoccupied and busy so please take this fluff chapter as an apology!

There was actually supposed to be a time skip in this chapter but i feel like it would be too sudden so I'm going to save that for next chapter! thank you for the continued support since last chapter and i hope you look forward to the next one!