Rain

Ron stood for a moment, watching the pure, ravenous, elephantine quality of the creature. It was huge, that much was clear. But it wasn’t just that, it was nearly the size of a person, with long arms and beefy legs. The creature's wings extended to the walls of the cave, and it’s body was covered head to toe in a thick mat of fur. The shrill, rage-filled roar that it let out, Ron couldn’t even describe it. 

   It was like a demon, quite literally. And, to make the situation all the more better, it was coming directly for Ron. He raised his wand, drawing an absolute blank on the spell that he was supposed to say. So, he turned and ran out of the beast's range, colliding with the rocky wall. “Cast the bloody spell!” 

   Draco called, wand in hand, cage in the other. “I don’t know what it is!” Ron yelled, ducking just beneath the creature's swinging arm. It’s claws shot at him like arrows, just barely scratching his patched-up jacket. “Must I do everything myself? 

  Take this!” He tossed the cage at him, forcing him to back into a rocky slab. He held onto the bars tightly, gripping at them as if it were his wand. But, without thinking he took a wide step sideways and tripped on a wayward skull. The cage didn’t fall, but he did, landing on the ground with a terrible thud. 

  He knocked his head hard, sending a jolt of pain rattling through his jaw. The creature moved up to him, pinning him down with it’s rack of knife-like claws. It opened its snout wide, tendrils of slobber falling onto Ron’s cheek. It’s teeth were coming towards his neck, hurdling like that of meteorites. He felt around for his wand, but it must have fallen out of his hands. 

   “Reducio!” Draco shouted, a stream of golden light shooting out of his wand. The creature shook a few times, jittering as if it were seizing. Then, rather suddenly, it shrunk to the size of an especially tiny owl. Ron lifted the cage up instantly, throwing the thing in and locking the door behind it without much care. 

   It flew around, agitated, knocking the bars while letting out high-pitched screeches. Ron stayed on the ground, his chest bobbing up and down. Draco walked up to him and held out his hand, “are you okay?” He asked, his face mangled in a mixture of surprise, confusion, and fear. Ron took it, noting how comforting it was to hold Draco’s gloved hand. 

    “. . . Yeah, I’m fine,” he said. “Have you seen my wand?” Ron asked, patting about his coat and stomping around the shadowy ground. “Here,” Draco held it out, “You dropped it when you caught that,” he said, pointing at the cage. “Right, thank you,” he said, breathing in heavily. 

  He was sure if Draco wasn’t there he would have had a panic attack. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Draco asked. Ron thought for a moment, “no,” he said, taking in a raspy breath. Draco looked off to the way that they came, balling his fists in frustration. 

   “We have to go, now.” He said, looking as if he was actually annoyed that he couldn’t stay in the cave. “Why?” Ron asked, his voice high and squeaky. Why did he ask that? He wasn’t sure. 

   He did want to leave, that much he was certain of. But, for some reason, the prospect of facing his argument with Harry after nearly being mauled wasn’t a very kind thought. “The time’s almost up, if we don’t go now . . . I’m not sure.” 
      “How do you know?” Draco looked amazed.
           “Why do you have so many bloody questions? 

  I know because I know, now let's move.” He said, placing his blue-lit wand like a lantern in front of him. Just like that, they started running, fleeing the premise as fast as possible. 

                                                           ___
“Do you have any legitimate idea where you’re going?” Draco shouted, following behind Ron. They were trapped in a rather dense chunk of the forest, thick groupings of trees and snow-covered rocks which jabbed out of the ground encompassing them. Ron tripped a few times, nearly breaking his ankle with the sheer force of the movement.