A Missing Piece

11/11/2020- Veterans Day

To all you veterans out there, I thank you for everything you have done. Now, I could write a 10-paged paper on how and why to thank you, however, this book is dedicated to Jellal and Erza. Let's begin the tireless adventure!

-Luciana Scarlet

Erza's P.O.V

I wish I could see him today... It's been five years since the Fairy's War- when Alverez invaded Fiore- he and I fought side by side after training for almost two years. I was a spy for Fiore, and he was a Navy Sargent for the Independent Forces.

"Erza-san, you have to eat something," a young purple-haired officer tells me; I didn't want to listen, "You're going to get sick! The Women's Spy Association needs you as it's leader!"

Oh... I forgot to mention. Today is supposed to be the day I get promoted to the lead officer. It's an important job. However, I didn't want to do it without him. I never caught his name; I need to find him.

"I'm sorry, Wendy. I will not partake in the ceremonies," I blurt out bluntly.

She looks at me in surprise and sighs. She knows...

"Fine, I will tell Commanding Officer Mavis to postpone the celebration. I know he is on your mind. Find him and come back. Please," she says, walking out of the room. I need to find him and soon. Great. Where do I start?

I slowly walk towards the door, trying to avoid the picture of the Sargent and I. His blue hair and crimson tattoo matched perfectly with my scarlet hair and hazel eyes. We were perfect for each other, as Former Assistant Spy Meredy Milkovich would say.

I walk outside and head to my vehicle. It has camouflage colors that match the sky blue wing blades. I mean, who here doesn't own a helicopter?

Goodbye, my friends.

??? P.O.V

It was a normal day at the canteen. Except for the fact that my comrades think I died two years ago in a flooded trench. I've decided to fake my death and start a new life, away from the old one. That didn't end well...

"Hey, Jelly-kun, fetch me a drink," my pink-haired acquaintance demands me.

"Meredy, you are way too young to drink. Try again when you're 21, okay?" Ultear says, flashing me a death glare.

"I meant water!"

Ultear and I sighed simultaneously and continued to work. I could never have been happier, but I feel like I'm missing something. But what or-

Crash!

The wooden door slammed open, and a familiar face walked in slowly, her face full of tears and stains. My heart felt like it was finally pieced together- is this the missing piece of the puzzle?

I rush towards her, carefully lifting her weight on my shoulders. Her hazel eyes look at me. I wish I knew what happened, but all I can do now is let her rest and recover.

Erza's P.O.V

"Wha- Where am I?" I ask, wincing as I open my eyes. When my sight clears, I see a familiar face.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Scarlet?" A voice says. My eyes begin to tear up, and I bring him close into a hug. He embraces me as if I were as fragile as a feather.

"It's me. Sargent Feather Face," I playfully punch him in the shoulder, and we laugh. He tries his best to get me to my feet.

"It's Jellal Fernandes. Welcome to Cafe Crime Sorciere. All the veterans come here to chat and stay a little bit," he tries to say formally.

I bite my lip to prevent myself from crying and laughing at the same time. After I went to the Independent Forces, they had told me that they hadn't heard from any blue-haired sargents' for two years, so they assumed he was dead.

"I-" Jellal stopped me with something unexpected, a kiss.

"I-I'm sorry..." he stuttered, trying to contain his blush.

"It's fine, you big moron."

All gave some, and some gave all, but here, we gave each other our hearts, lives, and freedom. I never went back to the base that day because I started a new life, one with me, Jellal, Luna-our daughter, and Reiki-our son. It's love that guided us through our life, and that will always guide yours.

Well?! What do you think? I personally loved writing it... I will be updating weekly, once or twice on Wednesdays or Fridays. Stay tuned!

Oh, and I'll give you the title of the next story...

"Glasses, Will you?"

Thank you, Minna!

-Luciana Scarlet