Did Fate Screw Us?

Start from the beginning

You slowly stretched your hand out so he could sniff it, watching for signs of aggression. You had enough bite marks to know that sometimes random little things triggered a dog.

No sudden movements and you would probably be fine, but you wanted to make sure.

Slowly, the dog lifted it's head, stretching out it's neck to sniff your hand, licking your palm lightly.

"There you go. See? I'm not going to hurt you," you said calmly, moving to rub his head softly.

His hackles raised slightly and you drew back.

"Okay, no touching yet, that's okay, we can work up to that," you said.

"Did you get him to calm down?"

"Yeah, but warn everyone not to touch him, he got a little agitated," you told your boss when he came back ten minutes later.

"Do you want this one?"

"If you wouldn't mind giving it to me, yes. I want to make sure he's safe before we give him to a family."

"So he's your responsibility when you're one shift now."

"Alright. Can you get me a harness?"

__________________________

As soon as you stepped through the door after your shift, your little sister Kaida was throwing herself into your legs.

"(Y/F/N)! You're home!"

"Hello little dragon, have you eaten?"

"Sort of, I made myself a sandwich when I got home, but Ken isn't home yet."

"Alright, did you do your homework?"

"Yes," she said proudly showing you her scribbled on math homework.

"Good girl," you cooed. "Go watch some TV while I start dinner, yeah?"

"Alright!"

You smiled fondly as she bolted to the living room.

At nine years old, your sister had the same coarse, frizzy hair of your brother, and she wore braids most of the time to control it, but when she got home for the day they came out. She was such a bubbly person, especially for someone her age, and she made you smile everyday.

You found a pot and filled it with water, digging out a box of pasta.

The door slamming twenty minutes later signaled Ken's return and you smiled at him when he threw his bag down.

"How was your day?"

"Long," he grumbled, moving to the living room, probably in search of Kaida.

He came back in five minutes later and said, "I know you worked today, go sit down, it's my day to cook dinner anyway."

"Thank you," you told him, snatching the brush he had in his hands.

He grunted, moving around the kitchen, taking over.

"Kaida, come here, I'll help you with your hair," you called, and she plopped herself in your lap eagerly.

"You're much better at this than Ken," she told you, making you laugh when Ken made a protest in the kitchen.

"Ken tries his best but he doesn't understand how it feels to have your hair pulled."

You quickly worked your way through her hair, letting it calm you as well as her. She told you about her day, and about how she had met this really cute boy on the way home that had just moved into the neighborhood.