Did Fate Screw Us?

Start from the beginning

"Alright," he mumbled.

"Good boy," you teased, ruffling his hair.

"Stop that," he hissed. "You'll get that skin shit in my hair."

"It's called concealer, dumbass, and no I won't."

"Is Kyouken-chan willingly being touched by someone?" a voice cooed, and you tensed when you saw Oikawa step towards you.

"Who's your friend Kyoutani?" Iwaizumi asked, looking at you.

"My sister. Kyoutani (Y/F/N)."

"You two look nothing alike," Iwaizumi said, glancing between the two of you.

"Ken looks like our father, I got more of our mother's looks," you said, trying to act like you weren't being drawn to the setter, like your entire being wasn't aching to be nearer to him.

He was looking at you quizzically, before his eyes darted to your hand, then back to your eyes.

"Remember to text me when you get home," you told Kentarou. "Oh, and I'll be late again tonight because I have a shift at the shelter. Make sure to feed the dogs, and get Kaida to bed on time or so help me, I will ground the both of you."

"I will," Ken hissed.

You nodded to Oikawa and Iwaizumi, walking as slowly as you could manage towards the gym doors.

Once the door is safely shut and you are far enough away, you crouch by the lockers, taking deep breaths.

He must've felt the pull. He must've. There was no way he didn't know now. All your hard work, down the drain just because your little brother forgot his phone.

What if he wanted to talk to you? What if he wanted to try and make something work? What if he wanted to be with you?

"I have to get out of here," you muttered, bolting for the entrance to the school.

________________________________

Your panic subsided when you went to school the next day and Oikawa didn't try to talk to you. Kentarou had remembered everything so you didn't need to track him down, so it was a good day.

Until you got to work.

"We have a new arrival," you supervisor told you.

"Uh oh, that doesn't sound good."

"Well, they don't seem to be taking very well to any of our other members. I figured if anyone could get him to calm down, it was you."

"Breed?"

"From what we can tell, a Pitbull Great Dane mix. Cops raided a dog fighting ring."

"Poor babies."

"They found four litters of puppies. Three with six and one with eight."

You shook your head.

Despicable.

"Here he is."

"Oh, poor baby," you cooed, taking in the light brown dog as he trembled in the corner of his kennel. "Hey there fella," you said softly. "Is he violent?"

"Nope, go right ahead," your supervisor said, leaving you to do your job.

"Hey, it's okay," you murmured, stepping inside, shutting the door, leaning against it.

The dog reminded you of someone, with it soft brown eyes and lighter colored fur, but you couldn't place who.

"It's okay," you promised. "I'm not going to hurt you. See? No sharp sticks or shocking guns. I promise, I'm not going to hurt you. I know that it's loud in here."