Chapter 41: Come & Bustin' Out

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

January 17, 1993

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"I'm just SO ready to leave from this place. I HATE hospitals, too many people died here, and it's depressing." Tia mumbled to me.

"Yeah, I thought I saw some' the other night." I chuckled.

"Are you for real?" She looked at me with a frightened expression.

"I'm messin' with you." I laughed.

"Ahh, don't do that. I don't play about that supernatural junk." She playfully shoved my shoulder.

"I got an idea." I smirked. "Wait, are you sure that you're feeling better?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I am. I'm alive, I'm getting used to the pain, and I can walk a bit without a being TOO much out of breath. Why?" She asked me.

"Wanna bust outta here?" I smirked.

"But, what if something happens? What if someone comes looking for me?" She asked me.

"We're fine, I got two of my bodyguards and we can get one of yours. I'll carry you out, so yo won't tire out, and we'll be back before sunrise. You need a little air. Nobody will be coming anytime soon, it's night time. What do you say?"

"What about the machine?" She asked looking at it then at me.

"It's obvious, we'll just unplug it... OR take it with us." I shrugged.

"What if when you unplug it, and it resets? How will we get past everyone with this thing lugging around? What-"

"You know sometimes you a wild sleeper, we will just say that you slept to hard and it came out." I chuckled. "Stop being so scared. Break the rules for once in yo life, Miss Goody Two Shoes." I held up air quotes at the nickname.

"Okay, just let me get dressed." She scooted all the way off the bed, and unplugged the machine.

"That gown got yo ass ALL out. It's like BLAH BLAMM! Even in those granny panties." I laughed and turned around opposite of her.

"Yeah, that's right, turned right around." She said then I heard a door close. I knew had she went into the bathroom.

While she was in there getting dressed, I called up my guards. I wanted her to feel as safe as possible. After I did that, I opened the door and told Jax we'd need him, then went back into the room and sat down. I haven't been in Atlanta all this time, I had to go back to NYC to take care of business. I mean, I do have artists to manage and other shit to take cate of. As much as I would have loved to stay all this time, I couldn't.

Yasir ain't here, nobody but me and Tia. He had to go back to work. Her moms is back home, she needed her rest. She's been here many days, night and day, according to Tia. Her step-pops be here too, but he has a job as well that needs him. That's about the only family that I've seen of hers. Ten years later she came out of the bathroom fully dressed. She had on men's sweats, a long sleeved shirt, and her hair in a puffball on top of her head.