could i get your number?

SUMMARY

Shouyou is being harassed at work, but thankfully Oikawa comes to save the day. And maybe get his number.

Let it be said, Shouyou can take care of himself just fine. He is self sufficient, knows how to do his taxes, practices hard to keep up his scholarship, and pays for all his stuff. He honestly knows how to take care of himself.

It's just that... well, outside of a volleyball court, he doesn't look all that intimidating. Which is a good thing! No one would want to be intimidating, especially if you work as a barista at a coffee shop. But when creeps take an interest in you... well that's a different story.

Like right now, for example.

Shouyou is a friendly person by nature. He makes lots of friends easily, and his passion for volleyball has allowed him to meet wonderful people, some of which are now his best friends. His friendly personality is also good for costumer service, lots of smiles and compliments for the patrons. Shouyou can do that no problem, and the coffee shop he works at has even gained a few regulars because of it, though that may also be because he does good coffee, but who knows.

The regulars aren't the problems. Most of them are good people, and they tip well. The few that are more on the... unpleasant side aren't much trouble as long as Shouyou does his job and gives them their coffee. But there's this specific guy who just... doesn't know how to take a hint.

At first, Shouyou thought the guy was funny. He always asked for a black coffee, straight with no sugar, which later on helped Shouyou realise he probably wasn't there for the coffee at all. The guy striked easy conversations, and being the social person Shouyou is, it wasn't difficult to keep up.

Then the guy asked him on a date.

Don't get him wrong, Shouyou is very much gay, and proudly so, but... well, the guy looks and acts like he's at least twenty years older than Shouyou, so he isn't really interested. And last time he checked, that's not a crime. Apparently, this guy hasn't gotten the memo yet.

When the guy persisted, Shouyou started trying to drive him away. Kuroo, a good friend of his and a fellow barista, offered to act as his fake boyfriend, which was really sweet of him, but ultimately useless because that same day Kenma, you know, the real boyfriend, stopped by. Not that Kenma would have gotten mad or anything, but he didn't know what was going on, so Kuroo and Shouyou had to cut the act.

Somehow, the guy thought Shouyou was trying to make him jealous. Go figure.

The same thing has been happening over and over again. Shouyou tries, politely mind you, to tell him he is in no way interested, and that it's starting to get a little creepy, and this guy just... thinks he's trying to play hard to get. Shouyou doesn't know if he is being faced against a case of serious denseness, or if the guy just doesn't give a fuck about what Shouyou thinks. And honestly? He doesn't know which one if worst anymore.

Which lands him on the situation at hand right now.

He is almost done with his shift, only thirty more minutes and he's good to go. Shouyou goes over his mental list of things to do once he's done here, which isn't much since it's getting dark. But he should have time to buy some groceries and maybe start on that Anatomy I essay he has been postponing for a week now.

There aren't many costumers at this hour, just a few of their resident insomniacs that like it here because it's open the twenty four hours of the day, and the business people who just... hog one of the tables and work at the coffee shop all day and ask for a periodical coffee refilling. Shouyou looks around, trying to see if any of them indeed need a refill or anything else, but ends up looking at one of the tables at the other side of the shop.