The Battle for Winterfell

Start from the beginning

Sansa had taken all the people to the crypts, with herself with them. Nymeria saw no sign of them.

Suddenly a sword sliced Nymeria's back paw. She whirled around and saw a white walker creeping up on her. She tried to bite his leg off, but it was so hard Nymeria's teeth broke. She crept up behind a rock, as the walker advanced. Nymeria was sure that she would die here.

But it wasn't that. At the last moment, Jon killed the White Walker by a stab through where its neck should have been. The ice shards swirled over Nymeria as she limped to Jon.

"What- Oh." said Jon. He took the huge direwolf in his arms, stumbled, and fell. Nymeria howled with pain. Jon lifted her again, and this time called Arya. She came instantly, and then the both of them started to carry her to the crypts.

Then seven wights were on them at once. Jon and Arya dropped Nymeria and swirled around to fight them, but they were outnumbered. They managed to kill three, but the other four advanced on them.

Suddenly Jaime Lannister was there. He killed two wights with a single strike, and then stabbed another. He took off the body of the last one.

Jaime offered a hand to Jon. "I want to enmity between us. It wasn't my fault that your father go killed."

Jon laughed. "Any man who helps us is our friend. Welcome, Ser Jaime."

Then Asha and Brienne were there. Together, Asha, Jon, Brienne, Jaime, and Arya killed all the wights who advanced towards them.

But soon they were surrounded by wights. With horror, Nymeria recognized the face of one of the undead as Stannis Baratheon. 

Then a huge roar cut the air.

All of them turned. Fire filled the air.

Fire? Nymeria dizzily thought.

Then three dragons appeared in the sky.

Nymeria's vision cleared, and she saw three riders upon the dragons. 

"Dracarys!" a woman's voice shouted.

Nymeria saw that the company around her had eyes as wide as the moon. A huge army entered through the front gate, and formed a wall of spears. The wights threw themselves on the spears and killed themselves.

Another make voice cried out, "Unsullied, charge!"

The soldiers, who were apparently called Unsullied, ran forward into the ranks of the wights. No man was killed, except the undead themselves.

Then Nymeria noticed the white walkers in the center advancing. She howled, and alerted the crew.

"Be prepared," whispered Arya.

"We must go to the Drowned God's watery halls with watery feet. Where do I find water here?" said Asha, and they all shared a laugh. 

"Maybe this will be our last laugh," said Jaime.

"Or maybe the first of many." With that, Jon charged. The others followed.

The white walkers fought viciously. Jon killed one, and Brienne another. Arya and Jaime subdued two more, so that Jon could throw his sword up to Jaime and the golden knight would kill the two walkers trapped.

Then the dragons landed, and the three figures dropped down. Each of them had a sword in hand. 

The woman was long and slender as a bow, with gold and blonde hair streaming down her head. The smaller male was fully clothed in mail, and held a long sword.

And the third one Nymeria trembled to recognize.

Asha saw him first. "This night is full of surprises," she had time to say.

Jon whirled, and saw the man. His mouth gaped. "Rhaegar- Targaryen?"

The woman laughed. "No time for introductions now."

Rhaegar smiled. "Let's defeat the walkers!"

Together the three smashed into the walkers. It turned out that every single one of the Targaryens had a Valyrian Steel Sword, and they did the job mostly by themselves.

When the last white walker was dead, Rhaegar, the woman, and the smaller man turned to them.

"I am Daenerys Targaryen," said the woman. 

"I am Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia of Dorne." said the smaller male.

"And you already know who I am," said Rhaegar.

"How did you survive the Trident?" said Jon.

"R'hllor always saves worthy people." said Melisandre, suddenly behind Arya. But Arya didn't even flinch.

Jon had a wry look on his face. "Red R'hllor?"

"The man the Usurper killed on the Trident was not me," said Rhaegar.

"This can be discussed later. My direwolf needs healing," said Arya. 

"Oh, certainly," said Daenerys. "Jorah, help them."

And then a dwarf and a big man emerged.

Jaime's eyes widened. "Tyrion?"

"Brother." said Tyrion Lannister.

Jaime bowed to Daenerys, Aegon and Rhaegar. "My new lords and lady. I am sorry if I broke your trust."

Daenerys said, "Jaime. Rise."

Aegon said, "Kingslayer. Rise."

And Rhaegar said, "Ser Jaime Lannister. Rise."

When the golden knight had risen, Rhaegar offered him his hand. "Welcome to my Kingsguard," he said. Jaime's mouth dropped to the floor.

Suddenly Nymeria's vision got blurry. "NYMERIA!" Arya shouted.

Those were the last words she heard, before she fell into darkness.