Respect Over Awards

Start from the beginning

"You..." Gen reaches into her bag and holds a card to Dr. Bailey.

"If you're willing to move from Seattle. I can put in a good word at Columbia. They would be lucky t have someone like you." Gen informs Bailey.

"You...you would..."

"I am no longer doing business with Seattle Grace. So if you would like a new start. This could be it. It was nice meeting, you Dr. Bailey." Gen exits the elevator. She continues walking until she bumps into someone. "Sorry my..." Gen is speechless as she sees who she bumped into.

"Gen Benoist." Mark Sloan whispers seeing the woman who he hasn't seen in years.

"Mark Sloan." Gen can't help but have her heart flutter seeing him.

"I...what are you doing here?" Mark asks her.

"I...I was doing a job and...what are you doing here? You never leave New York."

"I was...it was something personal that didn't fall through and...I...wow you're here."

"I am."

"I...I never thought I would see you again."

"I know when you leave Columbia and never turn back it's hard to run into someone."

"Yeah, I needed to leave." Gen states and Mark can't stop gazing at her.

"It's...it's wonderful to see you. I...if you're not busy I would love to uh...I would love to take you to dinner or..." Mark chuckles seeing the time. "Drinks?"

"I would love that." Gen replies. "I need to turn in my badge and I can meet you at the bar across the street."

"I'll be waiting. Margarita." Mark asks and Gen nods her head.

"You remember."

"You're worth remembering." Mark winks at Gen as he heads out.

__________________________________
Gen walks over past the E.R. but stops hearing people in distress. "Asystole, uh give her 1 amp of atropine." Cristina orders.

"I already did it, okay? It's not helping." Jackson argues with her.

"Another, and an amp of epi. Do it." Cristina snaps at him.

"Go!" Meredith jumps in now. "Move. Let's crack her chest. Gown." Gen casually watches them.

"No, no it's not indicated. She O.D.' ed." Cristina argues with Meredith as she continues to do compressions.

"So she's gonna die anyway. What was she got to lose? Chest tray." Meredith snaps.

"Here you go. Right here." A nurse brings the supplies to Meredith and Cristina. Gen wastes no time gowning up and joining them.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cristina asks her.

"I'm having the guts to save a life. Join me or not. Betadine." Gen orders.

"Right away Dr. Benoist." Cristina and Meredith are shocked to hear Gen being acknowledged as such.

"10 blade." Gen orders and the instrument is placed in her hands. "Would one of you like to do it?" Gen asks and Meredith looks wide-eyed.

"You suggested it. So..." Cristina states and Meredith takes the 10 blade and makes the incision. The monitors are going off worrying about everyone.

"Guys, you lost her." Jackson informs the women.

"Shut up." Gen, Cristina, and Meredith order him so they can think.

"One ore amp of epi. Charge to 20." Cristina orders. They step back watching the vitals of the patient but it's not getting better.

Mending Broken Hearts-2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara