-Pt. 5- The Search for Kama

Start from the beginning

This irked Kama to high heavens, sure the lioness was now going to suffer from the pain, but the effects were never this potent on any of her last experiments. Was it that they were not use to harsher terrains and that a simple dose of poison was enough to kill an elephant? Or was she only stalling or baiting her into removing the poison?

Either way it was; the gamble was not in Kama's favor, though she could care less in the long run of things, she didn't want a chance that whoever knew about her could become a threat.

Should I save her, or should I let her die? She pondered this question in her head back and forth for a while as she sway her head along with the question.

A moment grin quickly fell on her as she thought of something, "I'll tell you what," this got Nirmala to wonder what scheme the serval had now concocted, and she was sure to find out, "if you agree to tell me what I want to know, I'll not only spare your pitiful life, I'll even tell you where Baliyo is."

There was a sinister chuckle in Kama's throat at the sudden emotions that washed over Nirmala. There was a chance to finding where Baliyo is, and with the hopes that he may still be alive. Though given her characteristic, that hope might as well be lost in the deepest, darkest of holes.

Kama dropped her muzzle down towards Nirmala's ears, giving a soft whisper that tickled it, "Doesn't that sound like a great deal?" She gave a wince to the strange feeling over her ear as she tried to think clearly in this situation.

"Come on," Kama gave a cooing tone, "why not tell me what I want to know? It's not like I'm asking you to betray your pride, all I want to know is 'who told you about me?'"

That was something she did question, it wasn't like she had any loyalty or trust toward Tau or anything, and it isn't like he made her promise not to expose him. But for some reason, she felt like giving into Kama's demands was the same as betraying her friends, family, and her mentor whom she admired till the very end.

It came to her what this creature reminder her of, a snake. Not one like a Garden Snake or a Lamprophis, but a mix of a cobra and python. Her venomous words and also the poison that is currently flowing through her body, and the restricting feeling as if she is slowly being coiled in her grasp.

Sigh, Kama felt like she was getting nowhere with this one either; what is with these two and their constant defiant to telling her the one thing that is driving her madder than she already is? Did they enjoy suffering and pain like she had came to? Or was it possible that whoever knows of her is someone truly dangerous?

It couldn't have been the latter; if they were a threat, they wouldn't be hiding. Unless ... What if they weren't hiding and are searching for her just as well? But that still didn't make any sense to her, if they are looking for her as well, surely one of these two would have told her, if not to save their own hide; to get her to play this stranger's game.

So then, what is it?

Silence was all that followed after as Kama tried to piece together this puzzle; she was one for never backing out of a challenge, but this one had her questioning if she should be afraid or enthralled with this 'new' enemy.

Her concentration was soon shatter by a new voice, "Nirmala!"

The two grew surprised by the sudden arrival, for Kama; she had not recognized it and questioned if it were the threat that was looming over her, whereas Nirmala recognized whose voice it was, and became fearful for what could come to her best friend, leader, and queen.