Milestones

One Week Later: 4 AM
Suki woke up for the third time that night to tend to one of her daughter's crying. She wearily got up and walked over to the crib. It was Yukari this time.

Suki bent down and picked her up and shushed her, "Shhhh sweetheart." She brought Yukari to her shoulder and lightly rubbed her back in attempts to soothe her, "Shhh baby girl." Suki put her lips to her temple and kept them there and whispered, "Settle down now darling."

Yukari settled down and tugged at Suki's night robe. Suki smiled tiredly, "Are you hungry?" She tickled her neck and sat down on the couch in her and Sokka's room. Suki smiled and undid her robe and brought Yukari to her breast and she instantly took it in. Suki chuckled, "Aww you were just hungry, huh?" Suki smiled lovingly at her daughter as she nursed.

"Suki?"

"Yes Sokka? Do you need something?"

Sokka went to her and sat down next to her, "How you doing mama?"

Suki chuckled and nudged his face, "Good."

Sokka leaned his head on her shoulder and tickled Yukari's cheek with his finger, "She seems healthy now."

"She's so small though." Suki looked at her worried. Yukari took her mouth off of Suki and yawned as Suki wiped her mouth and breast with her robe. She brought Yukari to her shoulder and patted her back, "That won't be a problem for her though. Nothing wrong with being little."

Sokka gently pinched Yukari's cheek, "She's a fighter. I can tell."
----------------
That Same Week: 9 PM
"Aww what's the matter Mie Mie?" Sokka picked the wailing baby out of the crib and rocked her against his shoulder, "Are you cranky?" Sokka rubbed her back and she settled down a little bit but not all the way, "Why are you crying?" Sokka sniffed her, "Oh I know now." He set her down on the table and started to change her diaper.

Suki walked into their bedroom with Yukari in her arms, "Did she go?"

Sokka chuckled and strapped her fresh diaper up, "Yeah." Sokka picked her up above his head and smiled, "All clean!" Yumie giggled and Sokka brought her down to pepper kisses on her neck. Yumie squealed and put her head in his shoulder and clutched his tunic. After a few moments, she was asleep again.

Suki smiled, "You two are so cute." She rubbed Yukari's back and smiled, "Isn't that right darling?" She chuckled and kissed her cheek.

Sokka walked over to her and smiled, "Can I have a kiss too?"

Suki rolled her eyes and leaned in to him and gave him a sweet kiss, "I love you." She cooed.

Sokka smiled and kissed her forehead, "You're so pretty."

Suki chuckled, "Hmm, what do you want?"

"Nothing, I just love you and our girls so much."
-----------------
One Month Later (The girls are one month and two weeks old)
"SUKI!" Sokka shrieked and held Yumie out and tapped his foot.

Suki ran in with Yukari inside her island modified amauti, "YES?! WHAT IS IT?"

"SHE-SHE THREW UP ON ME! DO SOMETHING!"

Suki started laughing, "Oh come on Sokka, " she took a towel off the little baby shelf in their room and wiped Yumie's face.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?" Sokka exclaimed, still holding Yumie out.

Suki took Yumie and held her, "Daddy's being a big baby." She cooed causing Sokka to fume.

"SUKI!"

"Just change your clothes Sokka."

Sokka stood there, "Oh-" Suki started to laugh and his heart melted, "Wow, you're so smart!"
-----------------------
TWO MONTHS OLD
"Peek-a boo!" Suki cooed. The girls sat there and stared at her, "Come on girls! Laugh for mama!" Suki turned away and covered her eyes again, "Peek-a-boo!" Still nothing. "Hmm what would daddy do..."