"Good luck Ray!" she called as he stepped up to the dish.

Even if he lost, she was relieved they at least got two out of the three rounds under their belts, securing their advancement into the next round.

Kai watched the match with his arms crossed, his brows slightly furrowed. He wasn't convinced Ray was much of a threat without his bitbeast, but he didn't comment on it. He glanced down at the brown haired girl beside him, satisfied with the competitive gleam in her eyes.

She wants to win just as much as we do, and she's not even competing herself.

Ray held his own for most of the match, the team manager barely able to tear her eyes away from his blade in the dish.

"Driger! Tiger Claw Attack!" the fanged blader called, fully confident in his strategy.

"But Ray doesn't have Driger anymore!" Max said, staring at his teammate absolutely, dumbfounded.

Persephone's breath hitched in her throat as green light filled the stadium, pouring into Ray's blade.

"Driger.." she mumbled, watching his bitbeast return with starry eyes, in awe.

Ray successfully completed his special move, absolutely thrilled to have his bitbeast back by his side, winning the match with no hiccups.

————

Once the Bladebreakers had returned to the hotel, Ray was swarmed by his teammates, minus Kai and Persephone, receiving praise for his win and the reunion with Driger.

Once Max, Tyson and Kenny had finally settled and decided to run off to the cafeteria for some well earned dinner, Persephone stepped up the Chinese blader.

"That was amazing Ray. You're so talented," she said with a soft smile.

Ray grinned, ruffling her hair gently with a small chuckle.

"Thanks, P. Couldn't have done it without you guys," he said proudly before trotting downstairs after the others for dinner.

Persephone nodded, watching him go before turning to go back to the bedroom, craving a nap after the day's events.

However, she was stopped by their team captain, Kai looking down at her with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Come with me," he said firmly, the phrase more so an order than a request.

She didn't argue, setting her laptop bag on her bed before following him out of the room and back onto the streets of China. To her surprise, he led her back to the same clearing in the woods he had brought her to previously.

He wants me to watch him train again?

Just as she opened her mouth to question him, the boy gently took her wrist, flipping her hand face up before setting something in her palm.

Persephone blinked at him, her eyes widening as she looked down to see an old version of Dranzer in her hand, of course the bitbeast replaced with a normal bit piece.

"Kai...what-"

"You said you weren't any good at it, right?" he asked, looking at her with a serious expression.

Persephone nodded, eyes still locked on the beyblade in her hand.

"Yeah...I just could never get it right.." she said, her voice a bit softer.

Kai pulled out an extra launcher, handing it to her and gesturing to the clearing.

"Alright then. Show me what you can do."