If you'd told Katsuki before today that heaven was a flapjack breakfast on a Tuesday morning, he'd call you a liar and tell you to fuck right off but now?

Shouta might as well have been an angel.

The dark-haired man leans against the counter, freshly made mug of hot coffee poised at his mouth as he watches the two of them in silence. It isn't an awkward one---not until Katsuki makes eye contact with him. He averts his gaze, cheeks darkening as he notes the peculiar look in his eyes.

"Tell me about yourself, Katsuki. I mean, I've never seen nor heard of my son being so attached to someone. And believe me---I'd know. I've got friends in high places. I'm a little curious about what makes him so addicted to you."

Katsuki shrugs, eyes flickering up at Shouta as he continues his meal. "There isn't much to tell." He says flatly, "I'm a college freshman at Yuuei and a stripper who works at exclusive clubs. The only real notable trait that I can think of is that I'm mean as all hell."

"You don't seem mean to me."

"I'm trying to make a good impression on my boyfriend's father right now. The knowledge that you could make my life even more of a living hell without ever lifting your finger is a damn good motivator."

Shouta snorts out a laugh---genuine, if Katsuki is reading him correctly.

"You're honest. I like that."

"It's not as charming as it looks."

"Don't sell yourself short, darlin'. That bratty little attitude is what made me fall right in love with you." Hitoshi chuckles lightly as he takes a sip from his own coffee. Katsuki snorts into his glass. "Sure it wasn't the fact that I would get naked for you?"

"No offense, baby boy, but you'd get naked for anybody that paid you."

"I'm not offended at all; I was a damn good stripper."

"About that. We could use that to our advantage." Shouta chimes, catching both of their curious gazes as he finally takes a seat at the table. "I did a lot of thinking about your situation. Called a couple of friends up to do some footwork for you. Hate to tell you but going to Shikoku is a lost cause. They expected you, cleared base before you even started your journey."

Hitoshi curses under his breath. So much for an easy job.

"They could have taken her any-fuckin'-where by now; who knows how many safe houses they have in that area alone. Knowing Chisaki, he's probably put her on a plane by now---"

"Not quite. He knows you have this little sweetheart here and he's not gonna leave without him---he's valuable. Most likely, he's gonna try and zero in on you since he knows you're beeline-ing it straight for the Hassaikai base."

"Makes sense. He'd try to catch me slipping and snatch Katsuki while I'm busy trying to yank the wool from over my eyes. It's a damn good strategy."

"Well, Chisaki isn't an idiot."

A pause.

"He's kind of an idiot."

"An absolute moron but he's a damn good strategist."

Katsuki listens on, attempting to keep up but all of these names and places have all begun to muddle together as they speak. He tugs a hand through his hair, attempting to shake away his incoming migraine. "Ah, wait, wait, sorry. Just---I'm confused here. We're going after a person ? What the hell is the Hassaikai? And what does any of this have to do with me? What does he need me for?"