Chapter 5 - First Kiss

"THE YULE BALL has been a tradition to the Triwizard Tournament for centuries, on Christmas Eve night, we and our guests, gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frevaulity." McGonagall said, "As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball, is fast and foremost, a dance." McGongall said almost smirking at the Gryffindor students. The girls squeeled in excitement, except for Phoebe. And the boys groaned. "Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizarding World for almost 10 centuries, I will not have you in the cost of a single evening besmatching that name by behaving like a babbling-bubbling band of baboons." McGonagall said intimidating the few other students in the class.

"Now, Mr. Weasley, Ms. Nightwing, stand please." I obeyed amused at Ron.

"You can join us too, Ms. Granger." McGonagall said smirking.

I walked over to Hermione and held out my hand, which she gladly took. I led her to the middle of the room as she out her left hand on my shoulder and the other on both our hands. I smiled at the action and proceeded to gently hold her waist.

"Hold my waist, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall instructed.

"Y-your what?" Ron said stuttering as I smirked giving the Weasley twins a glance of amusement which they quickly gave back.

"Her waist, Ron." I said trying to help.

Ron hesitantly put his hand on the Professor's waist as the Professor asked Filch to play the music.

"And 1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3." McGonagall instructed, but I already knew how to dance so I took the lead and me and Hermione began swaying to the music. The other Gryffindor girls awed, wishing they were the one dancing with Phoebe.

"Magnificent dancing, Ms. Nightwing." Said the Professor. I smiled sheepishly and mumbled, "Thanks Professor."

I leaned in to the side of Hermione's face, my lips slightly brushing on her cheeks and whispered, "Meet me at the courtyard tomorrow afternoon." She flushed, and by that time other students had joined them on the dance floor.

~|~|~

IT WAS THE day after Professor McGonagall's announcement of the Yule Ball, which a couple of girls asked Phoebe but she politely declined, waiting for the afternoon.

I was walking around the castle with Harry and Ron asking for tips of how to ask a girl to the ball.

"Why do they have to travel in packs?" Harry asked Phoebe.

"It's because her friends want to see their friend get asked out Harry." I said replying in a bored tone.

"Why don't you show us then Phoebe, you're the expert after all." Ron said daringly causing a smirk to play on the Nightwing girl's lips.

"Game on, Ron." Phoebe said approaching Hermione together with Ginny and a couple of other Gryffindor Girls.

I slightly heard Ginny whisper to Hermione, "Hey, look, Phoebe's coming to us." The smiling and patiently waiting brunette flushed.

"Hey there, Mione'. Would you mind if I ask you something?" I said confidently.

"Yeah, what is it Fifi?" The taller girl smiled at the nickname and asked,

"I was wondering if you'd go to the ball with me? I promise you an amazing night." The Nightwing girl was smiling widely causing the Granger girl's heart to melt.