"You need two good hands, Davey. No fucking anyone up," I reminded him. "Bye, Sydney. It was so nice to meet you. I'm so excited for your wedding!"

"Wait, let me get your number! I'll send you pictures of everything I do. Sorry, I'm just so excited!"

After Ilya quietly apologizing a few times for his soon-to-be wife's zealousness, we drove straight to the hospital closest to Ilya's. I was pronounced dead on arrival.

Kidding, of course. I did fracture my fourth and fifth metacarpals, which the doctor called a "boxer's fracture" and then joked with David about me abusing him, which I thought was a bit odd for a trained medical professional. Luckily, the bones were not out of place or anything, so I wouldn't need surgery. I got a lime green cast, which was apparently the only color they had in that tiny hospital, and then they sent us on our way with a prescription for pain medicine.

Our other two roommates were not too happy about my broken hand, as you can imagine. They were still a little on the fence about David and I's relationship, and the fact that we were withholding the story from them made them suspicious that David might've done something to cause it. Not necessarily that David hurt me, but maybe that he got me into a stupid situation where I ended up getting hurt.

That's when David did something I never expected him to do.

"Guys, I didn't fucking hurt her!" he said for the millionth time, which no one seemed to believe. "Jesus Christ, she got in a fight, okay?"

I stayed completely silent, confused on where the story was going from there. Zane said, "a fight with who exactly? Because that story makes no sense."

"It's about to get really fucking awkward in here, so when it does, I just want you both to know that you caused this," David was clearly pissed, and with that statement, I could tell where the conversation was going.

"David," I said, shaking my head at him. "That's not necessary. Let them think what they want to think."

"My aunt used to sexually assault me," he spat out immediately, and the room went dead silent. "When I lived with her, she molested me. We ran into her at the store when we got back to my hometown, and Camilla went apeshit on her. I didn't fucking touch a hair on Millie's head, and the fact that either of you would think for a split second that I would is fucking disrespectful. So there you go. There's your fucking answer!"

With that admission, he stormed out of the house and slammed the door behind him. The three of us stood in the living room, dumbfounded, silent and frozen in place.

"I..." Jeff tried to think of something to say, but he couldn't. I used my non bandaged hand to wipe away the tears that I didn't even know were falling. "Holy shit."

"Why'd you make him do that?" I looked between the both of them, equally angry for my poor boyfriend. "I wouldn't be with him if he hurt me, and you both know that. You should've known not to push it."

"We obviously didn't think that that would be the story," Zane tried to defend himself, but his weak tone told me everything I needed to know. He felt really bad, as he should. "Holy... you broke your hand on her?"

"Yes," I half laughed through my anger. "I became a whole other person. But she hurt my baby, and you don't do that shit to little kids. You just don't. She deserved everything she got and more."

"Well, yeah," Jeff nodded. "I'm proud of you. Those boxing sessions we do paid off, huh?"

"I broke her face," I nodded, unable to control my smile. "God, I've been waiting since he told me that to knock that bitch's teeth out."

"I can't believe that's it," Zane still seemed shocked. "I knew he had some fucked up family stuff, but that's a whole nother level of fucked up. That's some Doctor Phil shit."

"I'm gonna go look for him," I told the two. "Think of some good ass apologies for when we get back, because I won't hesitate to break my other hand on you two assholes."

His car was still in the driveway, so I began walking in the direction of the main road. Eventually, I caught up to him sitting on the sidewalk in front of a house that was for sale, head in his hands. He looked up when he heard footsteps and faked a smile when he saw me. "Hi, princess. I'm sorry I left you to deal with the awkwardness. They just pissed me off."

"I know," I took the seat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. "That was uncalled for on their part. I'm sorry. We should've made up a better story before we got home. I didn't think they'd care that much."

"I didn't think they'd assume I broke your fucking hand."

"I don't think they thought you hit me or anything," I tried to comfort him. "I think they thought you got in a dumb situation or something, and it ended with me breaking my hand. If anything, a broken hand makes it look like I hit you."

"Still. Fucking bullshit. Fuck them."

"They felt really bad, if that makes you feel any better," I told him. "I'm sorry it happened like that. I know you didn't want them to know."

"It doesn't matter. I can't keep all this shit a secret from everyone. It basically ruined my life holding it in anyways."

"How so?"

"I told you I used to fuck a lot of girls," he said, and I nodded, trying to ignore the feeling of my heart sinking in my chest at those words. "Well, believe it or not, they used to tell me that I was going too hard, being too crazy with the girls. Just fucking too much, basically. I know that's rich coming from those two, but they were more subdued back in the day. Anyways, they never knew why I was like that and I could never explain how shitty I felt for doing it, so I had to act tough and bad even when I didn't want to. It was really messed up for a while. I treated them like shit back then because they made me so insecure about shit I was already insecure about, you know?"

"I can see that," I nodded. "That is rich coming from them."

"Did I make you mad?"

"About what?"

"Talking about other girls. I didn't even think," he seemed very stressed, and all I wanted to do was kiss him and tell him I loved him and that nothing he could say about his past would ever make me mad at him.

"Of course not. It happened," I shrugged. It definitely hurt me a little more than I let on, but he was too fragile at that moment to hear that. "Besides, it's kind of dope, right? I moved here to escape my fucking freak on an ex boyfriend and ended up taming the bad boy. That could be a book, I'm telling you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You know that's how they all go."

"Why don't you start working on that?" he laughed, and I shrugged.

"You never know. I might. Can we go back? I'm cold."

"Yeah," he kissed me on the forehead and helped me up off the sidewalk. "Thank you for coming out here. You know I love you, right?"

I smiled, "How could I ever forget?"

Love them love them love them

Vote and comment pls i need validation rn ive cried every night for the past week