“Oh, you’re still with him?”

“You literally just saw me eating with him at lunch”

Royal shrugged, changing the subject, “Let me help you with that” started to press some random buttons.

“Why don’t you just leave?”

“I don’t want to”

“Why? Don’t you have something better to do?”

“Maybe… you are the better thing to do” He winks.

“Stop” Anne rolled her eyes, trying to stop the vomit from coming. He seriously needed to chill the fuck out and leave her alone.

“Why? You know you want to”

“No, I don’t. I have Gilbert and believe me he is so much better than you in so many ways” Anne said, not that she knew, but Royal did not know that. “Why don’t you go find your girlfriend? Maybe you can convince her to blow you and then you can tell her that you won’t go down on her because you don’t do that” and wow- and did not mean to sound so bitter, but she was. The number of times Royal told her that… too many to count.

“I don’t have a girlfriend” Royal responded, apparently that was the only thing he heard from everything she said.

“Does Winifred know that?” she frowned.

“Winifred is… my friend” Anne scoffed, “she is, we haven’t slept together” she gave him a look, he was not fooling anyone, “ok, maybe once or twice, but it doesn’t mean anything. She doesn’t even actually like me, and I don’t like her either, I mean she’s hot, yes, but she’s so annoying, and she’s so obsessed with Blythe” her eyes widen at that. “I don’t know why everyone is so fucking obsessed with that guy, he’s not even that cute and his dick it’s average sized like- what the fuck”

She has no idea how he knows that but she is not going to ask.

“Maybe it’s because he’s a nice person,” Anne said, matter-of-factly.

“Please!” Royal laughed, “He’s a fucking player. I bet he’s cheating on you right this moment, do you know where he is right now?”

Anne was annoyed at first but now she is angry, “No, I don’t know, I don’t have the need to know where my partner is all the time, and I actually trust him, you know? Oh, wait, trusting... that word is not in your vocabulary. Let me explain it to you, I trust Gilbert, meaning, I believe he’s good and honest and that he won’t hurt me”

It surprises her how easy it was to say that, but it should not be. Anne trusts Gilbert. He has proven himself to be trustworthy, for fuck’s sake, he is pretending to be her boyfriend just so she could get back to her ex –which is working apparently- and the girl she hates. Not everyone does that, and alright, maybe Gilbert is getting the same type of satisfaction she is getting, but he suggested this when she was at her lowest. He is so great, always taking care of her.

He scoffed, “Gilbert Blythe is going to break your heart, and when that happens, you’ll come back to me, crying and telling me I was right and that you want me back. Maybe, if you’re lucky, I’ll take you back” Royal said, pressing another button and leaving her alone with the printer. A few seconds later, her text for class started printing.