Chapter 13: Back at Home

Weeks had passed, and the queen of the kingdom, Nene Yashiro, was still missing.

Everyday Kou Minamoto, the now known king, sent soldiers out to scan the area for any evidence or trace to where his beloved wife had gone.

A kingdom without a queen is chaos.

They'd either need to find her or find a replacement...

Kou looked down at his furious fist. It was tightening every minute, and so was his heart.

Over the few days he'd spent with Nene, he'd grown a bit attached. He liked her; her will to fight and never give up; her adorable smile, and of course those thick daikon legs.

Maybe he really did love her.

"Are you done daydreaming, Cheeto Pants?"

A boy interrupted, giving his casual sassy look.

Mitsuba Sousuke was a homeless man Kou had picked up about a year ago. Both his old and new kingdom never knew such; Kou was afraid they'd punish him and the pink haired boy if they knew.

So hiding in a closet, basket, or maybe even under the bed, Kou hid him anywhere he could to keep him safe. However, after recently becoming king, Minamoto had no reason to hide Sousuke anymore.

After being set free, the boy just got more annoying.

Constantly raising Kou's last nerve.

Pestering nonstop.

Whenever they were on a hunt for the queen, Mitsuba always pleaded to come along, and he did.

The king glared at him.

"What do you want now, Mitsuba?"

"To hang out," the boy started, "it's boring around here; all you people talk about is Nene, Nene, Nene! Like god, is she that important?!"

Kou gave a cold stare.

"She's the queen of the kingdom and my wife. So to answer you, yes, she is extremely important."

"Your majesty,"
A soldier suddenly said, sprinting up to him.

"I got news from the queen's mother. If she does not report by next week, assign the queen title to her best friend, Aoi Akane."

The soldier bowed and walked away.

"Who's so important now?"
Mitsuba chuckled.