zero

Hyunjun was laying down on his bed while scrolling through his social media feed using his phone. It was already late at night but he didn't care.

A soft knock on his bedroom door made him to remove his eyes from his phone screen.

"Hyunjun? Are you still awake?"

Hyunjoon got up from his bed and headed towards his bedroom door. He then opened it slowly, only to be greeted by his mom.

"Hey, mom," he greeted. "You need anything?"

"They will be coming here by tomorrow. Please, be good to them."

Hyunjun opened his bedroom door wider, letting his mother enter his bedroom.

"They?" Hyunjun repeated as he closed the door after his mother entered. "Mom, are you kidding me? He has a child? Or more like, children?"

"He has a daughter-"

"Mom, no," Hyunjun cuts her off. "You came back home here with me because many jerks have tried to take advantage on you. I don't want you to be hurt anymore, that's why I'm not letting you date another guy."

"Hyunjun, I hope you understand me," his mother tells him softly. "This would be the last time. So please, don't do anything stupid. I know what you've done on the three men that I dated before."

"I might do it again then," Hyunjun spoke in a cold manner. "Mom, I know I sound really selfish, but this is for your own sake."

"Believe me, Hyunjun. I've known him for quite some time and I can assure you that he is different from the others. That's why I want you to know him and his daughter."

"Hmm, a daughter," Hyunjun quietly spoke before sitting back down on his bed. "This will be easy," he added.

"Hyunjun, I don't like what you're saying."

"You know what I can do, mom. I'll get rid of them just like what I did to the others," he told his mother. "I don't want to lose another important woman in my life just like what happened before, that's why I'm doing all of these stupid things."

"Is it still about her, Hyunjun?" his mother softly asked him. "I never got a chance to meet and see her before that unexpected thing happened."

Hyunjun smiled bitterly. "You will definitely love her, mom. She's one of the people that I treasure the most."

"I'm sorry, Hyunjun," she told her son before hugging him.

"Mom, I wanted to ask you one more time," he spoke, nearly choking on his own words. "Will you change your mind now?"

His mother backed away from the hug and cupped his cheeks. "I'm sorry. As what I have told you, this would be the last time, so I won't change my mind," she told him before placing a soft kiss on his son's forehaead. "Get some sleep, okay? Goodnight."

Hyunjun watched his mother leaving his bedroom with a blank expression on his face. He then turned off the lampshade on his bedside table, letting the darkness swallow his bedroom.

"I'm sorry, mom," he murmured. "I love you, but I won't change my mind too."

Heo Hyunjun & Lee Hyeseul

THIS IS A WORK OF MINE IN PURE FICTION, ALL MADE UP BY MY OWN IDEAS AND IMAGINATION.

ALL EVENTS IN THIS STORY THAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE ARE ALL UNINTENTIONAL.

APOLOGIZING IN ADVANCE FOR TYPOS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS.

CURSE/FOUL WORDS AHEAD.

writing inspired by 1THE9's 'Stay'.

coming soon