"how am i supposed to let you go?" he asked, hoping you'd give him answer but honestly, you didn't know either.

"i don't know" you whispered to him, looking down at your hands as you took a long deep breath.

"i never want to leave you, never. but i'm ready to leave the good place" you told him.

"i don't want you to hate me or think that i don't love you or what not cause of this but thomas... i love you so much" as you said that, he leaned his head back for a moment, taking a deep breath before leaning it forward again.

"i don't like being alone, i hate it so much. i used to like it before on earth & before i met you but now... i can't stand it. i only like being with you" tom admitted, his stomach turning at the thought of being on his own.

"i can't loose you, i just... i can't" he said with emotion in his voice.

"i'm assuming you don't have the same feeling i do then..." you said with a sad chuckle, looking at his face again.

"i wish i did" he replied.

tom then let go of your hands & placed his onto your cheeks, bringing your forehead to rest his.

"just... give me some more time, please. i just want to make your last moments with me special. please" he pleaded with you, making you give in to him.

"okay, i'll give you more time" you whispered again, wiping some tears that fell from his eyes as he wiped yours.

"can i hold you?" he asked & you immediately wrapped your arms around his neck.

your head took home into his shoulder & his arms held your torso close to his chest, occasionally running up & down your back soothingly. tom wrapped a blanket around the both of you as the night started to settle in, the stars becoming bright in the sky along with the fireflies that flew around.

as tom held you, he tried his best to memorize how you felt underneath his touch. he tried to memorize how your hair smelt & how soft your skin was & the luscious colour. his face was hidden in your hair as the moon started to come out.

in that moment, he just didn't want to think about anything else but you & that's what he did.

**********

after a week of you & tom not leaving your home, just spending time together & enjoying the little things you loved doing together... it was time for you to leave. so you & tom left your home hand in hand, fingers intertwined tightly as you walked to the forest.

when the familiar arch way came into view, both of you stopped & stared at it.

on the other side of the arch was a lovely meadow, it looked calm & peaceful. but there was a bench to the left of you both & as soon as you were about to move, janet popped up.

"hi y/n, tom" janet said with a sad smile, looking at you both.

"hey janet" you replied, giving her a sad smile also.

"you can sit as long as you want on the bench, but when your ready... you can walk through there" she said looking at you.

"thank you janet, i'm gonna miss you" you said, making her smile at you.

"i'll miss you too" she said before disappearing again.

"wanna sit darling?" tom asked, looking down at you to see you were already looking at him.

"yeah... let's sit" you said before pulling him towards the bench, immediately resting your head on his chest when he sat beside you.

tom wrapped an arm around you & his fingers played with the bottom of your sweater, the material softly rubbing against his thumb & index as he tried to rid his nerves.

"i'm gonna miss calling you darling a lot" tom said lowly, his voice soft & gently so only you could hear him.

"i'm gonna miss hearing you call me darling... but mostly i'm gonna miss all of you" you said, biting your lip so you wouldn't cry again.

"i wish i could've been ready when you were so i wouldn't feel... feel like this" he said as he sadly chuckled, trying not to cry also.

"when your ready, my soul will find yours. i'll be waiting for you" you said, your eyes filling up with tears again but you didn't bother to stop them.

"that sounds nice, i like that" he mumbled, his head resting on top of yours now.

you both stayed silent for a while now, just trying to enjoy the silence with one another. but when you squeezed his knee a little while later, he knew that now was the time. you both stood up & tom wrapped his arms around you, but one hand rested on your cheek.

"before you go i need to um... tell you a few things. i need you to know that i love you, so fucking much. you are my whole world & i'm so happy that i got to be with you, i love every moment we shared even if we were yelling or doing stupid things— every moment"

"i'm never gonna forget you & i really hope you don't forget me..." tom said to you, trying to say how he feels.

"you've been with me through so much while we've been here & i wish... i wish so bad we met on earth so i could've had more time with you. but y/n, darling... i care about you in every way i can" tom then pressed his lips to yours in a meaningful kiss, trying to put all of his unsaid emotions into it so you could understand.

as you pulled away after a few moments, you sadly smiled at him & pecked his lips one more time.

"i'm gonna miss you so much" tom said as he started to silently cry.

"you, tom holland, are the best person i've ever met. you have been the best boyfriend & the best-bestfriend i could ever ask for. i won't forget you, it's impossible to. i'm gonna miss you too tommy" you said as a few stray tears fell down your cheeks.

"baby, your my forever girl" tom told you as he kissed your forehead one last time, his lips lingering for a few extra moments.

as you started to slip away from his grasp, you made your way to the archway & as you walked through it, you turned around & looked at him again.

"remember, we'll find eachother again. we always find a way" you said to him, meaning every single word.

"i love you my forever boy" & with that, you turned around & kept walking.

when you disappeared, tom didn't move. he kept staring at that damn archway & where you once were for hours until michael came & pulled him away.

"i want her back mike, but s-she's gone..." tom sadly said as michael walked him back home.

"tom... y/n never left you. well physically, yes. but y/n will always be with you spiritually. you might not be able to see her but... she'll always be around" michael said, placing hand on tom's shoulder & giving him a reassuring squeeze as they continued to walk.

OKAY THE ENDING OF THE GOOD PLACE MESSED ME UP & I'VE BEEN CRYING FOR THE PAST HOUR

& i hope some of y'all understand the ATLA reference i put in here 🥰