I pick up the drawing and see a family portrait of him, me, and some other figure which I assume to be his father.

I still wonder he had to leave?  Know he's back everything is just confusing because it felt like he regretted leaving me at the clinic. But you can never know if he was just trying to manipulate me again.

Mia was right, Liam does need a father figure in his life and I'll do anything to get him the perfect father even if I have to go on a date with blue eyes.

I stand up from the floor tucking the picture into my pocket and head over to where he is.

I see him wolfing down the food like it was going to go away any second from now. I know exactly how that feels like, there was once upon a time I felt that way. 

"You know you might choke on your food," I warn picking up a mug and pouring some coffee into it.

"I'm being extra careful and extra fast." He responded still stuffing his mouth with pancakes.

I smile at him and decide to go clean up the little mess that was made yesterday. I made a mistake buying Liam a new Lego set and now the pieces are all over the living room. I should have listened to the voice in my head.

After ten minutes Liam finally showed up in the living room right when I finish putting up every little brick away.

"Well since we are all satisfied, can we go now?" I asked smiling at him. 

"Not quite yet." He said and ran away to his room and back with a sketchpad and a few crayons. "Okay know I'm satisfied."

I made a quick branch to the clinic and figured out what went wrong. An old woman was going through some toothache and we needed to pull out a tooth. Other than that everything was normal at the clinic.

"Mommy?" Liam called me when both entered the car.

"Yes, Liam."

"Why was the old lady crying?" He asked referring to Mrs. Adams. "Did he get hurt by someone?"

"No baby, she was crying because she was happy." 

"People cry when they are happy?" He sees him raise a brow from the rear-view mirror.

"Yeah, we call that happy tears," I explained pulling out of the parking lot. "When you are so happy and smiling isn't enough, you start to cry. Like I did the day you were born."

"You also cried when I gave you my first drawing." He pointed out making a smile form on my face.

"You remembered?"

"Yes, you said it was because it was so beautiful."

 "Anything you make is beautiful to me," I say turning back to ruffle up his hair.

"No stop." He swats my hand away giggling.

I smile and turn back to face the road. 

We spent the rest of the car ride singing along to songs that played on the radio. It didn't take as long as it would have usually taken, for some reason the road wasn't as crowded.

I reached the mansion gate where a security guard came to my side window. "Hey Dora, how are you?" He asked when I wind down my window.

"Hey you, I'm doing great." I grin back at me

"What bout you, little man?" Sam asked Liam.

"I'm awesome!" Liam beams back at him.

"Have a nice time." He said signaling someone to open up the gate.