A Glasgow Girl

I wrote the stories 'Glasgow Shorts' as part of a series of my own musings

Glasgow is a tough place to live. It can be gritty, depressing and unforgiving, but it also has some of the warmest and friendliest and funniest people on the planet. Comedian Billy Connelly and great singer/songwriter Frankie Millar to name but a few.

It also rains all the time!

There still remains to this day great religious division in the city. (Stupid..I know!) and rivalry between the local football teams Celtic and Rangers still causes friction.

My first story ' Love is the Only Truth' was written to explain the sectarianism that still exists in Glasgow, but shows with a little love, time and understanding that hopefully we can break these borders and make a difference.

'The Hit Man and Her' is a story about love with a small town gangster. You can find one hanging around every east end street corner in Glasgow.

'The School Bully' portraits life in 1980's Glasgow Secondary School.

Bullying was the norm and the threat of 'The School Belt' kept us in order.
They were harsh times, life seemed cruel and unfair, but it was also a land of opportunities, and with hard work, and a little luck on your side we knew that anything was possible.

These were the days before money and nepotism held the key to success.
Dreams did come true for some, but the moral of the story being that you can never escape your past, even if you try to disguise it.

You can take the boy out of Glasgow, but you'll never take Glasgow out of the boy!

I hope you enjoy my stories.

If you like this part please vote, comment or follow 👧