Training and Teaching

Start from the beginning

"No, not really." Riza declined. "What's the game?"

"Truth or dare? You can decline a truth or dare with a drink."

"Tad bit lame but let's go!"

First round, the bottle landed on Redfern with Yasopp spinning it. "Truth."

"Always wanted to be a surgeon?" He asked, playing it safe.

"I wanted to be a pediatrician but my parents pushed me to be a surgeon."

Riza nodded, "Same." She said. "I didn't want to be a pediatrician but mother was the one pushing for me to be a surgeon."

Redfern spun the bottle which stopped at Nat. Redfern shrugged and Nat shrugged. "Dare."

"I dare you to kiss Riza's foot?"

Riza pulled a face but started to pull off her boot. "Weird fetish but okay." Riza offered the pedicured foot for Nat. Redfern choked at her teacher's words and flushed scarlet. Nat pulled the bottle out of Riza's hands to try and she started coughing. "Go big or not at all." Riza chimed, merrily.

Nat giggled and kissed the top of the offered foot. "You need to drink more often. Drunk drunk Goldeneye is someone I can party with." Nat spun the bottle and landed on Yasopp. The table was starting to get attention by the surrounding tables and Riza did not care. Too drunk to be self conscious.

Nat took no time to spin the bottle while Riza was replacing her shoe, "Riza!"

"Hm?"

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth?"

"The whole crew wonders, so I have to ask... When was your last time with a guy or girl."

"Hmm, a week ago while we were at my home island." Riza drank her rum as she enjoyed the surprised looks around the table and head turns from the surrounding tables. She sat back and smirked at Nat's face.

"Who?"

"That wasn't the truth." Riza sang. "Have to ask again if you wanna know that."

Shocked faces quickly turned to annoyed.

Riza spun the bottle and it landed on Rex. "Dare." He said.

"Hmm, do you know the knife song?"

Rex looked startled at Riza's question. "Yeah, I know it as five finger fillet. How do you know it?"

Riza scoffed and took another drink of the bottle of rum she claimed. She relished the warmth and welcomed the burning fire in her belly. "I am a surgeon. We tend to have an ego and do love a challenge with a big risk." The proclamation left her lips and a deep blush settled over Riza's cheeks.

"Sure." Rex agreed and pulled a knife from his boot. "You down?"

Riza's eyes gleamed and she switched the bottle for a scalpel. "Definitely. Whoever chickens first, loses."

"Yeah. I have a bottle of rum. The kind you like."

"Okay, same."

"Uh, Doc..." Yasopp muttered, sensing the shift of easy atmosphere. His eyes were extremely important to him as the crew's sharp shooter as Riza's hands would be to herself as the surgeon. "Hate for you to loose a finger on a stupid game of chicken."

"It's fine, I've done this under worst conditions." Riza shook the worry off and splayed her palm on the table. "Ready?"

Nat leaned forward on the table eager to see. Redfern abandoned the table to watch from a distance, standing near Lucky. Yasopp could only watch in amazement, never seen the red hair doctor as daring as this for something that mattered as little as this challenge. Yasopp's gaze flickered over the mess hall and he didn't spot his captain or Benn. The somewhat reasonable members were gone and he as sure as hell wasn't going to be reasonable or responsible tonight.