Day 7: Cuddles

Adam and Barbara had always loved hugging each other. There was no question about it. They both showed their affection through physical touch, but Adam did it more than Barbara. When they'd first started dating, Adam was scared he was being too clingy and touchy with Barbara but didn't ask her about it until months into their relationship.

"Hey Barb?" asked Adam late one night. The two were at his house and had just finished watching a TV show. Barbara was meant to be going home, but neither of them wanted to leave.

"Yeah?" asked Barbara, hoping Adam wasn't going to suggest that she left, because she didn't want to.
"Do you like this?" he whispered.

"Like what?" asked Barbara, shifting closer to him. Adam felt his face flush and was glad for the dim lighting of the room. He stayed silent for a while, trying to work out what he was going to say. "Adam?"

"Cuddling" he said finally, immediately regretting asking the question. He felt Barbara shift beside him and realised she was giggling. He looked down at her and she giggled even more. "What?" he asked.

"You're so cute" she said, nuzzling her face into his neck "Of course, I like cuddling"

"Oh, thank god" whispered Adam. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight, making her giggle more and pull away from the hug. She sat up on his bed and looked at him.

"Why'd you ask?" she asked, her head tilting to the side making her blonde hair tumble over her shoulders.

"I was worried I was being too clingy" said Adam, ducking his head down in embarrassment, realising how silly it sounded. Barbara chuckled and put two of her slender fingers under his chin, lifting it up so she could look straight at him.

"It's not silly Adam" she said "It's really cute, and I love it" she smiled and laid next to him, placing her head on his chest. They stayed like that for a long time until Adam's sister came into the room saying Barbara had to leave.

Throughout their years together, the Maitlands continued hug each other at all given times. Adam would hug Barbara at every given minute, and she always appreciated it. He seemed to have the ability to sense when she was feeling down or needed a hug and would just appear with his arms open. This always made Barbara smile. The first night they were away from each other after their marriage was a sleepover Barbara had to help supervise at the school. She hugged Adam the morning she left for work and wasn't going to see him until the next afternoon. It was torture for both of them. Barbara wasn't allowed to leave the school due to having to keep watch over the kids, but she was messaging Adam throughout the night because he couldn't sleep either. Luckily the next day at school her class had an art lesson with a different teacher, so she went to the staff room and called Adam. He organised to meet her in the school carpark and five minutes later they were hugging each other again. Over the years they got more used to not being with each other all day everyday but still missed their hugs and cuddles.

Even after death, they loved to hug each other, and this was a quick observation made by the Deetz. They would usually spend the evening watching a TV show or movie before heading to bed and the family was quick to realise that the Maitlands would always be hugging each other. Even if Lydia had pushed her way into the hug, they'd still be touching somehow. Once the family got more comfortable with each other, the usual set up for movie nights was Charles and Delia on one couch, Beetlejuice on an armchair or the floor and the Maitlands and Lydia on the other couch. Barbara would be on one end of the couch with Lydia by her side, both with their feet on Adam's lap who was on the other end of the couch. He'd always rub Barbara's feet if they were near him, a habit he'd developed years ago, but sometimes if Lydia was stressed or not falling asleep, he'd rub her feet too which instantly relaxed her.

At night, they'd always fall asleep in each other's arms and if it was too hot to be hugging, they'd have their hands linked or feet tangled together. In bed, usually Adam was the little spoon, but if Barbara was sad or in need of a hug, he'd wrap his arms around her and hug her tightly. Every morning when they woke up, Adam would stay in bed reading with Barbara curled into his side and then they'd get up together. They were a very cute couple and they loved each other. 

AN: 
Thats the end!
sorry for posting the last day a day late.
i loved this challenge so much and would love to do it again. i hope you guys all liked it too!
thanks for reading!!!