Toxic Parents/Family

Let's talk toxic parents/family...
*
*
*
*
Toxic parents create broken adults. Most of the time it's because the parent/family member never healed from their own childhood trauma. A toxic parent can be manipulative and/or abusive. There are parents who say they love their child but never check on them. There are parents who use their child for money. There are family members that sexually assault their own family. There are families that make weight or beauty jokes, and that person ends up crying behind closed doors. It's damaging. And when that child grows up they start looking for love in the wrong places; sex, boys/girls, drugs, or alcohol. Just to fill that void and neglected in their heart. In a cold world like this there are wicked people who prey on vulnerable hearts, no matter the race or gender. Let's get out of the habit of saying "That's still your mother/father." "That's still your sister/brother." "That's still your aunt/uncle.".... Family can be toxic too! And when you get the chance, remove yourself from that negative energy. Go to therapy, you aren't crazy. Stop the cycle with your future family! Sometimes we have to accept that we're never going to get that apology. I know it hurts. But you can't keep holding on to that pain that they've caused you. Forgive yourself first. You'll never be able to properly heal if you're pretending you're not hurt... Sometimes we're not even mad at the person who hurt us anymore, we're mad at ourselves for letting it happen.

*
*
*
*
~This is not your average Wattpad book. I wanted to create a safe space of relatable topics that a few of us can relate to. I wanted a book I could connect with my readers and supporters. Sometimes we just need to vent, and this is a safe place. ANY negativity will be BLOCKED! I don't tolerate judgement because no one's better than another on this earth. ~ Qveen.K