The Dreams

*Y/N's Dream*

I am sitting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione on the train to Hogwarts. I am so nervous, but I am also excited. I can't wait to experience all the classes and have fun with my friends this year. Also, I won't have a room to myself, I will have other people to talk to. "Y/N snap out of it. We are almost there. You should change into your robes." Hermione snaps me out of my daydream. "Okay, thanks, Mione." I get up and take my robes with me to change. On my way back to Harry, Ron, and Hermione I ran into Draco. "Hey Y/N/N are you ready to get sorted?" I look up to Draco since he grew throughout the summer break. "Yeah, I am ready, but I am also very nervous. I have never been this nervous before. Even when I watched as other students got sorted. But I guess I am so nervous now because it is me."

"Don't worry Y/N/N no matter what happens you are still going to be my friend. If anyone gives you any trouble you tell me okay." I smile. "Thanks, Draco, I will remember that." Draco then leaves and I head back to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Y/N you're just in time. We are here." Hermione grabs my hand and leads me off the train. "First years this way." I look up and see Hagrid shooting for the first years to follow him. I quickly turn around and hug Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "See you guys later." "Bye Y/N/N see you during the sorting ceremony," they tell me as I leave. I follow Hagrid along with the other first-years to the boats. I enter a boat and look to see who else is in my boat. I see Ginny Weasley. 'Hi, Ginny. Are you nervous as well?" Ginny looks at me and smiles "Oh hey Y/N didn't see you there. And yeah, I am a little nervous. I think everyone is when they first get sorted." Ginny tells me. I take deep breaths trying to calm my nerves.

We finally reach the castle; we are led up the stairs to an awaiting Professor McGonagall. "Eh-em. First years, you shall wait here until you are called to enter the Great Hall. Once the Sorting ceremony brings you shall be called up in order according to your last name." With that Professor McGonagall left. My palms began to get sweaty while waiting for McGonagall to come to get us for the sorting ceremony. After what felt like 2 hours but was 5 minutes Professor McGonagall returns and asks us to follow her. "Okay, first-years gather round, gather round just right here." I felt my hands start to shake. I look around and make eye contact with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They are all smiling at me. I take another deep breath and look to the other side of the room and see Draco already looking at me when I make eye contact with me. He mouths the words 'no matter what' to me and I shoot him a nervous smile.

"Okay," Professor McGonagall's voice brought my eyes back from where Draco was sitting. "First up Black, Y/N. Please step up and sit down on the stool." I take another deep breath as I make my way up to the stool. I sit down and I feel the sorting hat be placed onto my head. "Oh, another Black. But this time it's a girl. Hmm...very interesting. You are much like the rest of your family. Although you try to be different. It is all there in your head. You are very cunning and will stop at nothing to get something done." The more the sorting hat was saying the more nervous I got. I did not like being compared to the rest of the Black's especially after finding out how horrible they were. The only person I wanted to be like is my father. "Very well then. I have made my decision. Better be SLYTHERIN." The sorting hat shouted; I could feel my heart drop. I looked over at the Gryffindor table and I could see the looks of disgust on Harry, Ron, and Hermione's face. I quickly turn away and head to the Slytherin table and sit down next to Draco. "Hey Y/N/N are you okay." I look up at Draco with tears in my eyes. "No, I am not okay Draco. You did not see the way that Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at me when the hat said I was in Slytherin." I told Draco as tears streamed down my face. Draco pulled me into a side hug as I continued to cry. While I was crying the food appeared and everyone started eating. Well, everyone but me.

Once dinner was over as the Slytherin Prefect led the rest of the first years to the dormitory. I followed Draco. I did not want to be alone now. I held onto Draco's sleeve as he walked down the corridors and towards the Dungeon where the Slytherin dormitories were. "Now Y/N/N the password for the common room is' 'Pureblood ''" Draco whispered to me as we made our way down the stairwell. When we made it to the Slytherin common room I saw everyone turn to look at me and Draco. So, I moved to stand behind him instead of right next to him. "Y/N/N go organize your things and then come back down to the common room okay," Draco tells me, I look at him and nod my head. I then quickly run up the stairs to my room which has three other girls in it already. As I am unpacking my things, I notice a letter on my bed addressed to me, so I opened it.