Tell me why when I get in my new cell this botch got a whole fucking tv in here like where they do that at. How did this even get allowed. The girl had plenty of shit stacked up like she was just in here chilling. I'm happy I moved cells now, especially if I get to be in this one.

"Y/L/N, meet you new cellmate. Play nice now or we gone have to get you put back in solitary. You understand me?" Officer Bryan asked the girl I now know as Y/L/N.

"Mane Bryan you know I don't even be doing nothing wrong these other inmates just be jealous and shit." Y/L/N said standing up from the lower bunk. She was fine as fine could be, her lil chocolate self.

"Well then y'all two will work just perfectly together. I'll be back around for checkups later." Officer Bryan said then left me with her.

"What bunk would you like it really don't matter to me. I can move my stuff to the top bunk if you prefer the bottom." She offered to me and I gladly took it cause a bitch wasn't made for climbing up to no damn to bunk.

     "I'll take the bottom bunk." I let her know and she took her sheets off the "bed" and I started to put mines on.

     "You need any help?" She asked and I nodded because why not I mean she was being nice which is kinda shocking cause every other bitch act like they had some type of problem with me.

"So what's your real name, well the name you go by?" I asked her as we both sat down on my bunk after we finished.

"People around here call me Baby cause when I got here that's what I was, just a baby. I didn't belong in here but I got caught up in some shit that I could've prevented." She told me which only made me more curious.

     "How old was you when you got put in here?" I asked cause she didn't look older than 25.

     "I was 16 when I got locked up and now I'm 23. So I been in here for 7 years now and I got 3 more, maybe 2 if I'm lucky." She said and I was shocked cause that's basically the most influential part of your life and being locked up during that time isn't very good.

     "Damn what you do to get 10 years!?" Cause chile I couldn't do that ain't no way. 10 years of my life in here fuck no.

     "A home invasion gone wrong and shit I was really supposed to get 5 but they bumped up my charge from 3rd degree home invasion to 2nd degree cause that bitch nigga told." She said getting aggressive at the end.

     "Plus me being 16 didn't help my case cause they tried me as an adult and it worked. I remember the day the judge changed from 5 to 10 cause it was the look in my mama eyes that looked like she lost everything." She said and just staring off into space.

     I attempted to change the subject cause it seemed like it was getting very touchy.

     "Sooo, who be putting money on your books cause this some shit you don't see in a regular jail." I said looking around at her cell and she laughed at me.

     "I know you ain't talking Ms.City Girl." She said making me playfully roll my eyes.

     "Nah but forreal when I first got locked up it was my mama and shit you know tryna make sure I was good and wasn't struggling too bad in here. Now it's my sister though. She started getting a lot of attention for her music and shit so she been putting money up for me. Plus she got signed earlier this year so that's when I really started getting stuff." She told me and we continued talking.