The Slimy Slytherin

Start from the beginning

"What a rule breaker." I snickered, imagining the whole Slytherin team getting chastised by an angry McGonagall.

"Anyways, I came to wish you good luck, because you'll need it." He smirked, knowing he just struck a nerve.

"We won't lose if that's what you're thinking." I scoffed. "I've been training my team very hard over the past few months."

"I hope you win this so that I can see Flint rage again." Oliver snickered maliciously.

~~~~

My team and I filed onto the soggy quidditch field. The stands were full to the brim with excited students sporting house colours and banners. Across the stadium, I saw the Slytherin team walking towards us, headed by Marcus Flint, somehow looking even more like a Troll than ever before. I skimmed over the crowd of observers and caught June and Sarah holding up a banner with "STONE QUEEN" written in bold blue letters across it, giving me a boost of courage.

Madam Hooch was the referee, and so stood in between our teams, her broom in her hand.

"Please mount your brooms." I hopped onto my Nimbus Two Thousand, mentally preparing to rise into the cold air.

Madam Hooch gave a long blow to her silver whistle, and we all rose into the air.It was windier than I had anticipated, and I could feel my broomstick struggle against the strong gusts of wind. The quaffle was released almost instantly, and thanks to dumb luck it hurled itself right into my hands. I didn't hesitate to start speeding ahead, the quaffle clutched tightly to my side, and I could feel my ponytail ferociously whip the air behind me.

"And we're off, with the quaffle instantly being snatched by none other than Y/n Stone of Ravenclaw," I heard Lee Jordan's voice ring out across the stadium. "One of the best chasers of her age no doubt, and highly attractive too-"I was now being trailed by a few Slytherin chasers."JORDAN!""Sorry, Professor."

I clutched my broom tighter and whizzed along to the centre hoop, guarded by who I knew to be Miles Fletchley."A high-speed chase, Flint and Pucey are chasing Stone through the stadium. What a woman, say, she went on a date with Flint, do you think I have a chance-""LEE JORDAN!""Sorry Professor."

I was now mere meters next to the centre hoop, and I could see Fletchley hurling himself in my direction, with the clear intent to collide. With no time to think, I threw a curveball past Fletchley, who was now only a few feet from me. He instantly tried to change the course on his broom, but had already gained too much speed and crashed into me, failing to swat the quaffle.

"AND STONE SCORES!"I felt myself drop, but I fell for only a split second before pulling the broom back under me, shooting myself back up in the air.

"Like a Phoenix rising out of the flames, Stone rises again, leaving Pucey falling the rest of the way!" I heard Lee excitedly comment over the cheering and booing crowd.

I made a quick lap around the stands, blowing a kiss to the crowd of Ravenclaw supporters that they met with loud cheers.As the whistle sounded again, it was Flint who caught the quaffle. I thanked the lord my mom got me a Nimbus Two Thousand because I was able to catch up to him within seconds.

"Back off Stone." I heard Flint growl.

"Fat chance Flint," I said, sharply swerving into his side, and grabbing the quaffle out of his hands, careful as to not knock him off.

"And Stone seizes the quaffle right from under Flint's nose!"

Lee roared.I turned my broom and sped away from Marcus, scanning the field for other chasers who were open. My eyes landed on Roger Davies, only a few dozen feet away from me, signalling for a pass. I nodded and hurled myself towards Roger who was already flying towards me, the quaffle seized tightly in my right hand.I saw a rogue bludger whizzing towards Roger right as I was getting close enough to pass the quaffle.

"BLUDGER!" I shouted, and Roger quickly dove down, the bludger narrowly missing him and grazing the end of his broom, destabilizing his flight.I saw a Slytherin beater hovering above Roger, and assumed that's where it came from.

"Fast dodge of a rogue bludger by Davies!" Lee's commentary continued ringing out across the stadium.

I passed the quaffle to Burrow who was now to the left of me and sped ahead towards the Slytherin goal posts. The cold air bit mercilessly at my skin, and I could feel small drops of rain begin to sting the uncovered parts of my face. Undeterred, I pressed my broom onwards, with Roger and the quaffle close by.

The game continued with the weather conditions growing worse exponentially by the minute. After only half an hour the field was faced with an unrelenting downpour, and I could spot the spectator's umbrellas decked in green or blue shooting up all across the stands. The wind was now viciously slamming against my broom, forcing me to struggle for stability.

The quaffle kept alternating teams, and not a lot of points were scored until suddenly I saw a flash of a blue whiz in front of me. It was Anna Shirley, our seeker. She was chasing something the Slytherin seeker hadn't yet spotted because he was still aimlessly flying loops around the stadium. The quaffle clutched tightly to my side I sped through the rain, praying Anna would catch the snitch. I knew Flint was hot on my trail because I could hear his occasional grunts behind me even over the loud rainfall.I flew to the hoops and threw the quaffle as hard as possible past the keeper, who seemed to be too disoriented by the rain to block properly. He flung himself at the quaffle, swatting aimlessly at it. The quaffle whizzed right past him, and directly through the hoop.

"And Stone scores just as Shirley catches the snitch!" Lee roared, "RAVENCLAW WINS TWO-HUNDRED TO FORTY!"I stopped my broom and fist-pumped the air, readying myself to shove this victory in Flint's face.

My victory was short-lived, because only a second later I felt something heavy hit the back of my head, knocking me off my broom.