He's Recharging

Începe de la început

"I smile for you because you make it easy to smile for you."

"God, you two can't keep your hands off each other, can you?" Semi asked as he set his bag down.

"If she was your girlfriend you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off her either," Satori retorted.

"Yes I would, because I'm aware of the fact that the cafeteria is a public place."

"You have to admit though, we're better than them," you replied, gesturing with your thumb at a second year couple that looked like they were attempting to get into each other's pants.

"I hate couples like that," Semi hissed, picking at his lunch.

"If it makes you feel better, I tried to move," you told him.

"She did, she made a very valiant effort too," Satori agreed. "But I'm a stubborn bastard and I love my girlfriend."

"A simp is what you are" Semi said in unison with you.

"I can't appreciate my beautiful girlfriend?" Satori asked, giving a small pout.

"You can, but there are much less physical ways to do it," Semi insisted.

"You're just jealous she's my girlfriend Semi-Semi!" Satori sang, making you snort.

"Why do I hang out with either of you?"

"You love us and you know it," Satori said, fiddling with the fingers of your free hand as you ate with the other.

"Why is (Y/L/N)-san sitting on Satori-san's lap?" Goshiki asked when he sat down.

"Satori's recharging," you told him, ruffling his hair affectionately.

Goshiki was probably one of your favorite underclassmen, mostly because he always wanted advice on how to get better and he gave you the least amount of back talk out of all of them.

Satori hummed his agreement, picking at his own food thoughtfully.

"You really should eat something," you murmured, touching one of the hands he had around your waist.

"I will if you will," he countered, making you smile.

"Love, I already ate mine."

"How?" Satori and Goshiki asked at the same time.

"I have a big family, and in my family you learn to either eat fast or you get whatever everyone else doesn't want. Big family gatherings are the worst, especially in my family when one wrong comment could start WW3 in my grandmother's backyard."

Satori chuckled, and the sound vibrated against your back where it was pressed up against Satori's chest.

Satori stopped messing with your hands so he could eat, but one hand did start tapping beats on your thigh absentmindedly.

The others trickled in the way they normally did, and no one else mentioned that fact that Satori still had you trapped on his lap. Not even Ushijima, who was too busy reading a new book about plants to really listen to anyone.

You smiled and laughed along with the rest of your team until you glanced at the clock in the cafeteria.

"Oh no, I have to go," you said.

"Why?" Satori asked, his grip like steel bands around your waist. "I have to talk to a teacher about a book I need to read for an AP Lit class!" you squeaked, shoving your stuff in your bag. "SatorI, let me go!" you whined when he refused to let you move.

"Fine, but you'll find me before practice right?" he asked, moving his hands to his sides.

"Of course, I always do!" you chirped, sliding off his lap.

You kissed his cheek before you left, waving goodbye to the others as you wove in between people, heading for your classroom.

"I heard that she's dating the Guess Monster," someone whispered.

"I saw them sitting together during lunch, it was kind of disgusting."

"I heard the only reason she's with him is because he hits her."

"You know, if you're going to gossip, you might want to do it where the person can't hear you," you snapped, turning to a girl from the second year's class one. "And whatever idiot told you Satori abused me if a fucking moron because he's the best boyfriend I could've ever asked for. And he's not a monster.

"And I wouldn't be saying anything Hiko, if I were you, considering I saw your boyfriend sucking face with Mei from the first year's class five, and Amaya from the second year's class three. At least Satori is faithful to me. Can your boyfriend say that? I think not."

When they didn't say anything more to you, you headed back down the hallway.

It had been like this since the beginning of the your relationship with Satori. People didn't understand it so they gossiped and they lied and they spread rumors.

Normally, it didn't bother you, but lately people had been coming up with worse and worse theories, and it was starting to get on your nerves.

If they bothered Satori, he hadn't said anything to you, but he had been treated like this his entire life, so he had a much thicker skin than you did.

"(Y/L/N), are you okay?" Shirabu asked when you stumbled into him.

"Uh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine, just a little distracted," ypu assured him, sending him on his way with a smile that only a little forced.

The sight of a setter for your team somehow calmed you down. You knew that no matter what, the members of the Shiritorizwawa Boy's Volleyball Club would never say those things to you or to Satori. They knew what you were both like, and they knew that Satori was crazy about you, and had been since day one.

You took a deep breath before you stepped into your classroom, apologizing for being late.

After picking up your book and heading back towards the cafeteria you kept your head high and your shoulders back.

You were Satori's girlfriend, you were yourself, and you were proud about that. You were proud to be yourself, proud to be his girlfriend, and proud to be the manager for the team.

When you stepped back into the cafeteria, Semi pointed to you and Satori loped over, wrapping an arm around your shoulders, smiling down at you.

"Hey love," you said, getting on your tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm perfect," you assured him.

You walked back to the table together, and when Satori pulled you into his lap again, you didn't argue. If people had a problem with you and your boyfriend, they could take it up with you.