#1 Shampoo

So, I had huge problems with shampoo. Whatever I used it wouldn't work for log. My reaction was to simply read through the ingredients in an attempt to find out what broke or rather destroyed my hair. The short version of this experience: You don't want to know what's inside your shampoo and technically you could use washing powder and it'd be nearly the same.

Also: No the advertisement is NOT true. That being said I am notusing any shampoo any more.

"What alternative is there then?", you ask. Well, there are some. I have a happy hair ever since I use washing soap. Sounds ridiculous? That was exactly my first thought too, but luckily I was desperate enough to try it. Another thing that made me try was the fact that many of my relatives said, their parents or grandparents had used it on them and it worked.

Still not convinced? Washing soap is free of perfumes, dyes and additives; usually it is made of animal fat, caustic soda, common salt and water. Which is a LOT less chemicals than your shampoo and less expensive, seriously washing soap is cheap and you can find it everywhere. Mine costs like 0.99EUR per piece.

When using the soap you'll need some sort of conditioner for which I'd suggests linseed gel. To make such yourself (which is always the cheaper option) you need 30 g of linseeds and 500 ml water. You cook/boil it, let it cool down a bit and then sieve it. When using it you leave it in the wet hair and let it dry. I wouldn't use it with the expection to have your hair perfectly flawless after it dried. On the contrary, you'll have to comb it out afterwards because it dries in "strands" that stick together and look really weird.

You're vegan and thus don't want to use any animal parts foryourself? A friend of mine suggests rye flour (also really cheap).For long hair you need 300 ml warm water and 5 spoons of rye flourfor mid length 230 ml water and 4 spoons rye flour are enough. Please be aware that your hair may keep the smell of the flour!