Chapter 20

***Jennie's POV***

The little interaction Lisa and I had this afternoon has proven to be not-so-little. It felt like we were back to step one.

Or more likely me being invisible to her.

Lisa has never once talked to me or looked at me these past few hours. Even if we were both conversing with our daughter, I have never seen her tilt her head in my direction.

Maybe I deserved this for the unfair treatment I have given her.

"Mommy, can we go to the playground tomorrow?" Ella asked me while I was undressing her. I prepared the bath a while ago and am now preparing to wash my daughter and myself while Lisa went to the concierge. Reason? I have no idea. She just told me she needed to check on something.

"Yeah sure, we can do whatever you want, honey."

One thing I liked about this resort is its amenities. They offer a lot of services for adults and kids. A quick getaway over the weekend with your family or friends, or a romantic moment with your lover, or if you just want to get away from the hassle of the city, this resort is perfect.

Only that I cannot seem to really enjoy this moment.

I really need to think things through.

I guess it is high time Lisa and I have that much-awaited talk.

I carried Ella to the tub before getting in myself. I softly washed her hair and body and I noticed the sunburn on her skin is starting to get noticeable.

Okay, enough of the swimming already.

"Mommy, I will wash you too!" Ella said then she took the sponge from my hands then scrubbed my shoulder with her small hands. I softly laughed because of what she was doing but I did not stop her and just let my daughter do whatever she wanted to do.

She was talking non-stop and telling me stories about what happened to her today as if I did not know it already when we are together the whole day.

But I would still listen to everything she would say even if she was only blabbering.

"Okay! You are all clean now, Mommy!" Ella said then she threw the sponge to I don't know where.

"But you haven't washed my back yet?" I told her.

"I'm tired. My shoulder hurts already," Ella said while pouting.

"Okay stop being dramatic," I told my daughter then I rinsed her body to remove any soap and shampoo residue. Once she was clean, I grabbed the towel from the rack then I dried her whole body.

"Go brush your teeth and wait for me outside," I told her before I continue washing my body. I listened to her small movements to check whether she followed what I have just said, and I feel happy when I hear her brushing her teeth.

I heard her walking outside the bathroom. My eyebrows furrowed when I heard she was talking to someone.

I'm pretty sure I locked the door a while ago.

I was about to grab my towel when I heard Lisa's voice. I released the breath I did not know I was holding in when I heard her voice. I quickly finished my bath so that Lisa can use it already.