🌙it starts with the moon 🌙

hi everyone! I hope you enjoy this story if you have any requests please leave them! This'll probably have slow updates but please stick around :) my insta is liizgiilz if you would like to follow x
Btw I have songs for each chapter that you can listen to while reading as it's a very cute story that I wrote whilst listening to these songs you might want to as-well so I link them in each chapter :) this song is please never fall in love again :))
(Kinda a prologue btw x)
Jades pov
He was mine. I knew in that moment I'd have him forever. This was perfect, the way the moon illuminated our faces ever so slightly, so I could catch his expression when I'd say something stupid, the way the air was frosty and crisp nipping at our skin, causing him to pull me in, even the way the ferociously loud fireworks made me jump once in a while. Life couldn't get better than this. I am going to marry this man, I know that for sure now.

Wriggling away from his grip , I laid flat on the itchy grass, my eyes engrossed by the crystal clear moon threatening to fall onto my face if it was un clasped from its harness suspending it in the black sky.
"I love you." I heard the tender words whispered from beside me full of meaning and hope and care. Usually that four letter word would petrify me ; send me into a spiral of panic and fear that I still wouldn't be good enough and it was just convenient to say that ugly little sentence. It felt different, It felt right. So I repeated it.
"I love you." It came out less than a whisper. My voice was rough and course, so dry and shaky I almost choked but I didn't mind because I know I meant that evil little word.