Без названия, Часть 1

Mind racing and running at full speed, Subaru reached his destination.

Heart pounding, his breath turned crisp and white due to the cold world surrounding the person he was looking for.

His heart was about to explode as the sight of her thin, slender back came into view.

As a feeling of overwhelming love poured into his chest, he could barely endure his impulses. But right now, there was no time to risk death because of the feelings that were choking his chest, which felt as if it was going to explode.

Gritting his teeth, over her back he saw the face of the enemy.

He had long, dark brown hair and a rough appearance that was wrapped in tattered clothes. The most impressive part about him was the sight of his horrible eyes, which Subaru could see as only seeking prey to destroy and literally devour their lives.

Subaru: "Ley Batenkaitos!"

Shouting at the top of his lungs, making himself known, Subaru tried to attract his attention.

Even if he could only distract him for a brief moment, it could still prove helpful. Of course, there was the possibility that an attack could still reach her, but it wasn't pointless if the damage to her could be reduced due to his interference.

Fueled by feelings of love, he felt as if he could even take flight.

Subaru: "So, even if the chances of winning increase only by a little."

He stopped in front of the frozen floor and mustered strength into his body. He was staring at Ley, and with all his might he was focused on any sudden movements when-

Subaru: "Aah..."

Subaru's mental alertness was smashed by the amethyst eyes looking at him.

Black and amethyst eyes intersected as the two crossed each other's line of sight.

At that moment, tears that flooded the girl's eyes due to her emotions grew bigger and bigger. At any moment, they could indulge her heart, drown her and make her unable to breathe.

In some way or another, by expressing these emotions through her eyes, she was getting some sense of respite.

Therefore-,

???: "Wait, stop, it's dangerous! Well, you may not know me, but he's an enemy! Leave this to me! You may not know me, but...!"

Confused for a moment, she waved her hand. Her eyes were blinking while being cautious at the same time.

Slowly, Subaru understood the meaning of her words. He recalled there certainly was a "memory" of her saying the same thing before. He grasped the situation.

Subaru was really happy that he got here first.

He knew exactly what he should say.

Subaru: "It's okay, Emilia-tan!"

Making her nervous by keeping her waiting, and then potentially getting her into trouble because of it would be bad right now.

Thinking this and thus speaking, he nodded his head. Then, realization washed over Emilia's face as Subaru continued staring at the silver-haired girl.

He was pointing at the sky with his right hand while striking a pose on his hip with the other.

An unnecessary action, but his determination was decided. For that reason,

Subaru: "My name is Natsuki Subaru. Emilia-tan's one and only knight!"

Emilia: "Subaru!"

Subaru: "Woah!?"