It seems the peace is close: Lab-grown vs natural diamonds market battle

Any market used to meet the novelties with some aggression and distrust. Every new option usually shakes the segment, provokes repositioning of existing products, and activates the processes of seeking for fresh methods to stay at the top of the industry. If entrepreneurs who are working with the products of mass consumption have already accustomed to this desperate race, the players of the diamond industry were shocked by appearing the alternative to their exclusive product – natural diamond.

They could not comprehend how is it possible to replace the unique gift of Earth and initially did not take lab-grown diamonds seriously. Yet, the growing popularity of synthetic stones became a "cool shower" for industry and a turning point in the hot battle for the customers' hearts and parcels. This battle came through a few stages: attack, repulsion, and parity.

Attack

Apparently, the nature of lab-grown diamonds became the primary point to attack. Traders of mined diamonds started to claim that man-made stones are not natural. Saying that they as if hinted on the unethical policy of producers or cheating. DPA launched the famous campaign "Real Is Rare. Real is a Diamond" making the focus on lab-grown diamonds' being unreal ()

Due to the idea's design, such marketing focus should accent the weak point of new alternative, frighten, and repel the potential customers from it, especially those who value the natural features of mined gemstones. However, this attack was successfully repulsed.

Repulsion

We managed to transform the seeming weakness of synthetic diamonds in the biggest value of the whole industry – the leading manager of Madestones said. Emphasized unreality became the ground for industrial philosophy. Modifying the claim of competitors, the producers of man-made diamonds announced that being unreal is better than being the tears of a hurt Earth. In such a way, they created added value for their product – spiritual and ethical value motivating the consumers to consider the environmental aspect when making their purchasing choice.

In the age of ecological crisis and rising awareness of anthropological print in the ecosystem, such a marketing trick became a true breakthrough in the jewelry industry. Due to reports, the consumption of lab-grown diamonds near 3-5 times overcome the sales rate of natural gemstones even in the most luxury countries like France.

Parity

The marketing win facilitated the partnership in the jewelry industry. Today, many companies that were focused on producing and trading natural diamonds made the shift toward lab-grown stones gradually including them into the traditional business line. The Beers, which launched the Lightbox lab-grown diamond company, is one of the brightest confirmation for coming peace in the natural vs synthetic diamonds battle. Both branches now follow a win-win marketing approach developing their own values and targeting their audience with differentiated marketing messages allowing the customers to make the choice on their own.

Although buying a lab-grown diamond is not a problem today, it is better to choose a trusted distributor like Madestones – a leading European distributor offering a wide choice and favorable terms of cooperation. The details you can find on their website – just ask and you will get the professional answers to all of your questions!