CHAPTER 12 - ❝good day turned into a worst nightmare❞

Start from the beginning

I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing, but I eventually snorted. "You can at least look a little happy, Giovanni. You look like you're about to kill someone with the way your lip is curved into a scowl."

I get up from my chair, walking over to the sink with my cup before placing it into it.

I notice the bacon Amelia was making before I came in the kitchen and steal two pieces from the plate. I take a bite, closing my eyes as I savoured the taste of the greasy bacon on my tongue.

I can't remember ever having such a delicious piece of bacon before. It wasn't burnt, but it sure as hell was crispy and delicious and good.

I chew the bacon, watching Giovanni as he rolled his eyes at me. "Let's just get this over and done with, shall we? This day has barely started but I'm already annoyed."

I laugh, making my way around the kitchen island to follow Giovanni out of the kitchen.

I pause, turning my head to look at Vito. "Thanks again for the phone, Vito. Enjoy your day."

He smiles over his shoulder before going back to playing on his phone.

Giovanni and I walk down the hall and I spot Amelia talking on the phone with someone. She smiles as we pass and I returned the gesture.

Giovanni grabs a set of keys from the bowl near the door and opens the door for me so I could leave the mansion first.

I turn around, nearly bumping into his chest with the quick movement. "I grabbed you a piece of bacon." I lift my hand, waiting for him to take the piece of bacon. "I knew you'd be in a rush to leave, so..."

"I don't like bacon." He says, closing the door behind him.

I frown at him. "Who doesn't like bacon?" I prop it into my mouth anyway, savouring the taste of the grease on my tongue before I started to chew it.

He shakes his head, a touch of a smile on his lips. "Maybe I just wanted you to have it seeing that you like it more than me, clearly."

"What do you mean 'clearly'?" I ask him.

"When you ate the first piece of bacon in the kitchen, you actually moaned."

If the earth was listening to me right now, I would ask it to swallow me up whole and to spit me out somewhere that wasn't here-in front of Giovanni.

I felt the flush creeping up across my cheeks.

I clear my throat, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly only to avoid his gaze and the smirk that came with it.

"I haven't had bacon in a while, okay?" I defend myself, throwing my arms across my chest to fold them.

"Whatever you say, Scarlett." He smirks, placing his hand on my lower back to lead me to the garage doors.

The sun feels warm against my skin as I leave the mansion. The cool breeze washes past me and nothing felt more refreshing in that moment.

It's like I'm stepping outside the house for the first time in forever, which definitely feels like it seeing that the last time I left the mansion was when I tried to plot my escape but Giovanni caught me before I could leave the gates.

It feels like it happened an eternity ago.

"The fountain is so much bigger close-up." I tell him when we make our way to the garage doors.

"Or it's just because you're short." He teases.

I swat his arm playfully.

That's when I notice that his entire left arm was covered in tattoos. His entire upper arm was covered with a wolf tattoo while the lower part of his arm was covered with random doodles of random objects; guns and words I couldn't quite read due to it being too small... but what I did manage to read was the words 'fedele' tattooed onto his wrist. It was beautifully written in calligraphy.