9

—

During the 2 week period that you and your group had to work on your project, the three of you had only completed about half of the work. However this came as no surprise when put into perspective. Midoriya and Bakugou were already sworn enemies, so it only added insult to injury when you were thrown into to the mix. It was nearly impossible to get a damn thing done with the three of you combined.

Working separately was way more productive than trying to get Bakugou to type in literally anything. Sure, you both understood that it was hard for the booming blonde to take orders, but it was somewhat important in group settings such as these, because now you were stuck trying to finish the project all by yourself. And because it was so tricky trying to cram your project into your tight schedule, you had to do it during your lunch period.

It was hard to enjoy the salmon your brother prepared for you when your bento was placed next to you on the bench. You didn't have to haphazardly grab each piece when your laptop wasn't taking its place on your lap. An outsider would probably laugh at the miserable sight.

"Hey, you good?"

Having said that, Shinsou was no outsider. The atmosphere of the quiet school rooftop always felt a bit warmer with his presence, but at this very moment, you wanted nothing more than to be left alone. Trying to toggle your laptop and your packed lunch was enough of a struggle in itself, you really didn't need a plus one to make it worse. Finishing this god awful project would be virtually impossible with an audience.

Ungluing your bloodshot eyes from the screen of your laptop, you averted them towards Shinsou's and sent him a meek smile. To your dismay, he placed his hefty school bag down by the bench and plopped himself down on the empty space beside you. "Jeez, your eye bags are drooping down to your cheeks. Ever heard of sleep?" Yeah, like he was one to talk. The dark circles under his eyes were darker than his hair.

"There's no such thing— not when Aizawa's your teacher." You joked back, darting your eyes back towards the screen. You weren't gonna let this sleep deprived hypocrite distract you from your work. Not if you could help it, at least. "Sorry I..I overslept a bit. I didn't even have time to make my own lunch. My brother had to help me.." Kento was a blessing sent from above. It was like he knew you'd oversleep when he woke up early to prepare your lunch for you.

Shinsou chuckled lightheartedly, flickering his eyes from your form to your half eaten bento box. "No complaints here. I'm not paying you anything. But.." He sneakily snaked his arm behind your back as he reached his hand towards the bento at your side. However this innocent little notion sent you into a panicked spiral. Breathing soon became a grueling task as the air got suffocatingly thicker, causing you to alert your dopey companion with your labored breaths.

His calloused hand stroked the exposed skin of your back, tracing letters with the pad of his finger. "Y'know, your skin would look even prettier with my name carved into it.." Those piercing blue eyes of his met with yours as he basked in the petrified expression painted across your features. The stupid, smug grin that tore across his face was mocking. It served as a reminder of how vulnerable you truly were to the man before you. "What? My name isn't that long.."

Blood trickled down your trembling arm as you dug your nails into your skin out of habit. This notion obviously freaked out the clueless Shinsou, so he grabbed your sweaty palm and intertwined his fingers with yours in an attempt to bring you out of your panicked state. "(y/n), are you okay?" Holding your hand did nothing but practically send his heart flying out of his chest. This wasn't going to work, he was being far too gentle with you. Trying to snap you out of a daze with affections would be like trying to wake up a heavy sleeper with a light tap.

So he firmly gripped your chin and tilted your face towards his. "Snap out of it."

And with that, your panic attack came to an abrupt halt. No longer were your labored breaths resonating throughout the desolate school rooftop. If it wasn't for the bird perched up on the fencing behind you, it'd be quiet enough to hear a pin drop. There was no sound coming from Shinsou as he dropped his hand to his side and took in your lusterless expression.

You looked as if you had just been hypnotized, like Shinsou had some sort of control over you. All he had to do was speak in a stern voice and you'd be completely wrapped around his finger. As bad as it felt telling you what to do like that.. it sort of felt empowering in a way. Was that bad? Did it paint Shinsou as the bad guy everyone made him out to be?

No. He was only helping you and happened to feel good about it.

Your (e/c) eyes finally regained their gleam, and you glanced at Shinsou with an apologetic expression. "S-Sorry about that, I was just.. tired. Here, have the rest of my lunch." You stuttered, handing the indigo haired male the rest of your bento, to which he reluctantly took from your shaky hands. "Are you sure..?" Shinsou really wasn't convinced. You were shaking like a leaf just a second ago and now you're trying to blame it on a lack of sleep?

"Mhm.." You murmured as you pulled your laptop back onto your lap and continued on with your mission. This project was due right after your lunch period, there was no time to waste. Or— no more time to waste, that was. You needed to finish this assignment before you became dinner for a certain blonde haired boy.

aYO I POSTED A NEW STORY (yandere tamaki) PLEASE CHECK IT OUTTT