The bond broke...

Sahdev POV

My heart stops... I hold Nakul in my arms. His breathing was shallow and face pale... I'd never seen Nakul look so... lifeless... he was supposed to be always happy and smiling and stupidly protective! Being... Nakul! My twin! My brother... but he lay there on the cold forest floor looking-...no! Never! Nakul can't leave me! Not like this!

I'm barely able to get my voice out as I cup his face slightly

"N-Nakul wake up... please! You can't-... you have to wake up... I need you!" I say holding sobs hoping by some miracle he'll wake up... but no response. "N-Nakul listen to me! Get the hell up right now! You can't leave me!" I say panic setting in.

"D-dev..." Nakul says voice raspy and weak. Barely able to open his eyes.

"Nakul!! y-you're ok?!"

Nakul shakily grips my left arm and tries to give me a reassuring smile..."I- I'm... y-you need to get out of here... it's n-" he starts speech slightly slurred and voice breaking.

"Don't you dare say that! I'm not leaving you and you're definitely not going anywhere! You're supposed to be the one that stays! We lost everyone Nakul...mom, dad, Badi ma... even jyesth left us... but it was ok... we were ok... cause we had each other! One thing! The one thing that didn't change could never change was that I had you!"

"Listen to me! I-if they get here... I-... dev you need to go..."

"No! You always say you're my big brother right?? Well, your baby brother needs you! Yes! That one second does matter! You're my big brother! You're supposed to take care of me right?? So you can't leave! I-I need you" I say voice breaking as I sob tears streaming down my face as I take his hand in mine hugging him as tight as I can without hurting the wound.

"I'm not going anywhere dev... Y-you're my baby br-... bro... I promised I- I'd protect you..." Nakul says breathing uneven as he tries to get words out. 

"Y-yeah! Y-you need to protect me!" I say nodding my head vigorously as tears stream down my face. "I- I'm scared Nakul! I'm scared of so many things! O- of your stupid spiders! The dark! So many things! But you know that! You've always known! Even if I don't say anything you know, you make sure I'm ok even when I hide my fears! You know everything... but none of those fears compares to how scared I am of losing you! I-I can't let you go! I-I'm so sorry... so sorry... th-this is all my fault... I- I make so many mistakes! All the time! I mess up and you have to fix everything! B-but you're always there! You don't complain! So fix it! Get the hell up!"

"Dev shh... I-Its ok... I-I'm gonna be fine... "

"Yes, nothing is gonna happened to you! It can't!" I say barely able to breathe as I shakily try to examine the arrow wound... The wound isn't bleeding as much due to the arrow plugging it but the arrow itself could be damaging tissue... taking it out could result in him bleeding out... and leaving it in could mean damaging his shoulder... maybe permanently...

"I-is it bad?" Nakul says resting his head down on my shoulder.

I stay silent...

"Hmm... he never misses does he?" Nakul says voice going lower...

"He's gonna pay for this!"

"I-I'm tired dev... It hurts..." Nakul says tightening his grip on my hand.

"I know it's gonna be ok Nakul jus-just hold on... Please..."

"I wanna... I- I feel... sleepy?" He says voice going lower and eyes shutting.

"No! Stay here for me twinie! Just focus on my voice. Everything's fine!" I say desperately holding on to him.

"I- I can't dev-..." He says I feel tears fall on my shoulder... "I- I don't want to leave you dev... I- I d- don't wanna die..."